How come every guy I meet loses interest after a few dates?

I don’t know if it’s my personality or my looks. I thought I was really pretty but maybe not. Between now and last July I’ve met 10 different guys online, they would message me non stop for a couple weeks, Skyped, FaceTimed them , I wouldn’t be clingy, id let them pursue me and I wouldn’t give them much of my own attention until I knew they’re true intentions of what they were looking for. Well usually once they meet me, and sometimes (not all the time) after we have sex they stop pursing me, stop talking to me first, and respond short. These are guys who made it clear they want more then a hook up. These are guys who I hung out with a few times, and would talk on the phone a few hours a day. What am I doing wrong?

529

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't also pursue the man, he will lose interest.

Relationship are two way streets and the more effort you put into them, the greater the results.

If you always leave it to the man to initiate and pursue and never genuinely pursue them back, of course they will move on! You show a lack of interest in them. If you're not their first ever date, they will know that signs of disinterest are when they need to move on and use their time elsewhere.

You even say you don't give them much of your attention until you know their intentions. That gets extremely frustrating for guys who want their attention to you be validated by your attention back.

• The problem is once I give them my attention back and I pursue them back after them showing me their interest that’s when they stop giving me attention. It’s like as long as I act like I don’t need give shit they’re good to go but as soon as I give them interest back they stop talking to me, respond short

• The question then becomes how long until you start giving them more attention?

But regardless, I have a suggestion for you.

Try the mimic tactic.

Basically, you reply to them with the same effort they reply to you.

If they send you 20 words, you send them 20 words. If they send you 5 words, you send them 5 words. Put in the exact same effort they do.

If they start sending shorter messages, you send a message that is 1 word or 1 emoji shorter.

This actually has psychological effects on both men and women. People notice that they put in less effort when they didn't mean to, and naturally will respond more robustly if they do have interest. It can even reignite interest.

Try that with the next man. Heck you can try a dry run with it on me in direct messages if you want.

• Hey there, message me? Would like your take on a situation, thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Easy, you are having sex too soon with them from what it sounds. They may say they want more than a hook-up, but more than likely thats BS. Since we don't know what you do while out on the dates with them, really hard to give you better answers.

• I'm with this girl, you give them the vibe that you are easy and just a hook up. 10 guys is a lot in 1 year or even half a year. Seems like you sleep with them after not even a month of knowing them.