Girls (and guys), how important is appearance for you in a relationship?

I know this is asked a lot but still - Obv, there's an importance to it. But in general, I mean. I often see women dating guys who, in my opinion, aren't equally as good looking. I dont mean this in a bad way. I mean - would you date a guy regardless of his looks if he ticked all the other boxes for you?
By appearance - Say there's a line of guys who all looks vastly different from one another (some tall/small, some fatter/slimmer, some bald/hairy etc.) but are generally all average looking people (if that makes sense?). Would you date any of them so long as they were nice people?

Same for guys too actually - but swap characteristics and such.

For me - I find the majority of girls are 'meh'. Not unattractive, more i could see myself being attracted to most so few stand out.
For me personality changes the way the 'apppear' a lot! The few girls I have been properlly attracted to have all been girls I have gotten to know somewhat well.

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone's scale of what they consider attractive is different so you really cannot go by looks (yes it does play a part). We cannot control who we are attracted to, chemistry works in mysterious ways. For me and my boyfriend, just his looks alone, I probably would have never given him the 2nd glance like I do some other guys. He approached me and we go to know each other. My attraction built off the type of person he is. He is attractive, just not normally the type I would date (if that makes sense)