How do I get out of the friendzone?

I've been talking to this girl for a couple weeks now and she knows that I like her. she's really cool and we have a lot in common. But when we first started talking she said she wanted to be just friends because she had recently gotten out of a serious relationship. But the other night we hangout for the first time and she had a great time. Before i left she gave me a long hug and said “thank you for tonight”. So i know she likes my company but how fo i make her like me. How do i get out of the friendzone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The friend zone definitely exists despite what most woman think, its the phenomenon where a woman loves you as a friend so much that even if she did like you romantically she'd never attempt anything out of fear of losing a friend. And has progressed to seeing you as an equal to a gay friend.
    That is what the friend zone is. With that being said though you dont just "get out" because its solely based on HER feelings. If she doesn't like you romantically then she doesn't like you romantically. Now if you give her time, understanding, love and caring patience, then MAYBE she will start to foster feelings for you but it cannot be forced. The ball is in her court here friend.
    Tell her how you feel, be honest with her, and if she turns you down dont let it ruin a great friendship, just keep going forward.

0|0
    0|0
    • No it doesn't exist. Why? Because she isn't obligated to date you simply because you are a decent human being. If she's not interested then she isn't interested so after that then you need to stop pursuing her. And not wanting to lose a good friend isn't a bad reason to reject someone.

• Show All
    • that's still rejection dude. friendzone is just a non existent fancy word for it. if she says no to dating for whatever reason, that is still called rejection no matter how much you sugarcoat it. stop demonizing women for their right to say no then calling it "the friendzone."

• You're definitely not getting it. But I guess it can't be helped.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, there is no such thing as the "friend zone" okay?

Now that we have established that, don't feel like you're entitled to be more than just a friend to her. If you two really like each other then you'll come together in the way that you are meant to and hopefully in a way that you want to.

Keep hanging out with her, keep taking her out and see what it blossoms into. The reason so many guys are "trapped" in this "friend zone" as they call it, is because they think they deserve something from the girl but they never go about it the right way and just come off as pricks and creepy.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have. It's obvious she enjoys spending time with you, so that's a good step.

2|1
    0|2
    • You better give this girl MHO

• Show All
    • First, lol @ the salty guys that down-voted my opinion.

Secondly, it obviously won't kill you, it doesn't hurt to try honestly and it seems like she could definitely be into you more. Worst case, she rejects you and it becomes awkward for a little bit but you can both move past that. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain!

• Well, yeah it won't kill him xD I was giving a scenario because I'm went through the same situation a while few years back with a girl. It still hurts to think about here and there, cuz she's just so, jeheidhtbrosg, for lack of words. 😂😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You don't make her like you. I don't know why people claim the friend zone does not exist. Of course it does. Get out of it and get away from her. Tell her the truth, that you like her more than a friend. Offer her the opportunity to work with you on that. And if she declines, move on.

Otherwise, stay there, stay quiet and be a "friend".

Good luck with that.

It is funny that old folks often envy the young. I don't envy you at all.

0|0
    1|0
  • You don't, once a man or woman sees someone as a "friend only", it means they don't see you as a romantic partner cause they are not attractive to you. It's best to do what most men do: Either just be her friend... or walk away and find someone else. She already knows you like her, if she's not showing any type of interest back then it's clear she's not interested in you that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • She may just need some time to realise that she likes you. If she has been in a serious relationship, she may just want some time to get to know herself and adjust to single life.

Spend time together and let her see why you are a good person. Sometimes relationships can blossom out of friendships. Be yourself and be interested in her as a friend rather pressuring the friendship and trying to force it into a relationship.

0|2
    1|0
  • By leaving that girl alone and pursing someone in your league. Then work on yourself to upgrade into a higher league and go after girls in your crushes league. Maybe some day you will see her again and she will appreciate you romantically, maybe not. Crushing on a friend does you no good and is a waste of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • The friendzone doesn’t exist. She either liked you as a partner, or she doesn’t.

I’d tell her about how you feel. Tell her you want to be more than friends. And if she doesn’t feel the same way, say you need some time away from her to regain composure.

0|0
    1|1
  • That's a delicate little tightrope you have to walk. On the one hand you don't want to be pushy. But on the other hand you don't want to be complacent which might give off the impression that you're no longer interested in her beyond being friends.

I'd say keep going out with her, keep being touchy, let her open up to you and go at her own speed, but always be prepared to walk away from your pursuit of her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry man, she lets you out of the friendzone. Being irresistible is key, to being let out. Kinda have to turn up the charm a little man, make it to where she wants you out of the zone bro. But don't be to lavish either.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't make a person like you she only wants to be your friend why can't you just respect her? If you don't want to be her friend and stop wasting her time. At the same time as she already knows that you like her then she's being equally as foolish for thinking that you're not going to continue pushing the issue. There is no such thing as the friend zone and you just need to stop it. If you're not willing to take your time to truly get to know her for her instead of thinking with either of your downstairs, irrational way of thinking. But the only reason why you getting involved with her or try to get involved because you want a sexual relationship. And this is the one thing that we women realize that is not something that we just want to jump into. Especially after getting hurt.

1|0
    0|0
    • Mind you I don't believe in premarital sex but I have friends who did. And it's situations like what you're talking about and what I had to personally deal with like what you're doing and treating her like is why I chose to be by myself. Because a lot of you guys don't have respect when somebody says no or not at this time. That's being very selfish and you need to see yourself in the mirror. I'm not trying to offend you but you're not a woman and you don't know how a woman feels when that constantly have to be asked by a guy like this. And it hurts. Because in reality she doesn't want to hurt your feelings but at the same time she doesn't want to lose you as a good friend either.

• Okay this is quite delicate so listen carefully.

Step 1: ether tell her to fuck off or walk away.

There you go you are now out of the friendzone

1|1
    0|0
  • You can't make people like you. If you're in the "friendzone" she's aware you're there and your there for a reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • She needs time. Don't rush her. She'll come to you when she's ready.

0|1
    0|4
  • Sorry to break it to you, but once you're in, it's just about impossible to get out. Only under the most extreme odds will you get with her. Some words of advice. DO NOT WASTE ANY MORE TIME ON HER! If you continue to persist, you will only frustrate yourself and annoy the crap out of her (and her boyfriend). You will be known as an 'orbiter'. If you think you still have a shot, the best way to increase your odds is to BACK OFF right away. Now I'm not saying be totally mean and ignore her. But just don't plan your life around her anymore. Go and do your own thing. If you have plans and she wants to hang. Tell her to call you some other time. This is tough to do when you are crazy about someone, but you really have no choice. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • To put it quite simply, become who you ought to be. Be the best version of yourself. If she ends up liking you the same way you like her, then congrats. If not, then still congrats: you made yourself better anyway in the process.

You can't do anything about how she feels about you, but you can be the most high quality version of yourself that is possible. Women tend to like guys who do their best.

Also, what makes you think there's a problem here? She didn't reject you outright when you went to her right after a breakup, and now she's saying she enjoys your company and giving you hugs! Sounds like you're doing fine. If you expect more than that so soon, you probably need to reevaluate your approach to developing relationships.

0|1
    0|0
  • You failed yourself. Never be friends with a chick you want to fuck. If she's not down. Move on.

You're chances skyrocket at that point.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tell her what you have been saying to her in your mind in person not on the phone.. Then let her sleep on it..

0|0
    0|0
  • Well keep treating her good and don't make her feel suffocated, give her her space and show that you care for her.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can not.
    In case you manage to do it write a book, we must let other man to know how is done

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how much you are "friends" with this girl. This method will either get you out of the friends zone or you will get rejected straight away. Next time she calls you and asks how you are, give the usual greetings and tell her your going for a movie. You can make this better by doing some background research and finding which movie she's been wanting to watch but any movie is fine. Tell her, your going to watch a movie with another girl that you met a few days ago. The usual questions will come: who, when etc. If she's slightly bit into you, she will say something around the lines of "I thought I was your friend" or you will be rejected straight away. Hoping you didn't get rejected, tell her: "I never considered you a friend" and cut the call. Now wait. There's two ways it can go. She won't call you back and you will get rejected or She calls you back to discuss the film. It's brutal but it works.

0|0
    0|0
  • you don't. abandon all hope and move on to someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friend zone doesn’t exist. You have to be friends first before you decide to date that person.

0|0
    1|1
  • The friendzone is an abstraction of your mind. What the friendzone really represents is your fear of rejection. If you like this girl, then it is important that you continue to see her, and when the time is right, asking her out properly. You need to let go of your fear that she might say no. It is better that you know whether or not she is interested than just platonicly hanging out with her in hopes that she will make the first move.
    If she says yes, then escalate from there with further dates. Remember to be confident, make consistent eye contact, and at the first opportunity you have to break the touch barrier with Kino.
    If she says no, that is OK. It is not a bad reflection on you. It is progress. She will not be the last girl to say no. Simply move on, work on yourself and find another girl that sparks your interest.
    Finding a girl that likes you back won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • the only way to get out is to walk away

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question have the same problem

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't once your in your stuck there for good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you’re in, there’s no way out..

0|1
    0|0
  • My first piece of advice is that you learn how to be content with, as you call it, being in the "friendzone." Understand that she is in no way obligated to be anything more than a friend to you. If you haven't already, get out of any mindsets that involve self pity. She is your friend before anything else and you need to respect her decision regardless. When you've done that, I will tell you this: there are no set rules or "secrets" to win someone over. If you want her to like you for who you are, you don't have to do anything. Keep being friendly and supportive. If it fits your personality, you could try moving things along by casually flirting. If that makes her uncomfortable, don't go any further. You can't force or persuade her to develop feelings for you. I hope all goes well, though. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • You either respect her to stay her friend for awhile until she's healed and then she can see you as her man, and not a friend,
    OR leave.

0|1
    0|0
  • The friendzone doesn't exist, she's just too nice to flat out reject you. And she is not obligated to date you simply cause you're nice.

0|0
    1|1
  • Send a pic of your cock.

0|0
    0|3
  • You can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do.

0|0
    0|0
  • From my experience, she put me in the friendzone because she wasn't courageous enough to just tell me NO. She had the perfect picture of the guy she wanted to date and i wasn't that guy. So in the meantime, as Mr right comes along, she needed a placeholder. Worst experience ever. My advice: Don't get out of the friendzone to become more than friends with her. That's devaluing yourself. Get out of that zone into a proper relationship with someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • ''when we first started talking she said she wanted to be just friends''

This is the moment when you say ''I don't have female friends...''

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes