How do I get out of the friendzone?

I've been talking to this girl for a couple weeks now and she knows that I like her. she's really cool and we have a lot in common. But when we first started talking she said she wanted to be just friends because she had recently gotten out of a serious relationship. But the other night we hangout for the first time and she had a great time. Before i left she gave me a long hug and said “thank you for tonight”. So i know she likes my company but how fo i make her like me. How do i get out of the friendzone?

1222

Most Helpful Guy

• The friend zone definitely exists despite what most woman think, its the phenomenon where a woman loves you as a friend so much that even if she did like you romantically she'd never attempt anything out of fear of losing a friend. And has progressed to seeing you as an equal to a gay friend.
    That is what the friend zone is. With that being said though you dont just "get out" because its solely based on HER feelings. If she doesn't like you romantically then she doesn't like you romantically. Now if you give her time, understanding, love and caring patience, then MAYBE she will start to foster feelings for you but it cannot be forced. The ball is in her court here friend.
    Tell her how you feel, be honest with her, and if she turns you down dont let it ruin a great friendship, just keep going forward.

• No it doesn't exist. Why? Because she isn't obligated to date you simply because you are a decent human being. If she's not interested then she isn't interested so after that then you need to stop pursuing her. And not wanting to lose a good friend isn't a bad reason to reject someone.

• that's still rejection dude. friendzone is just a non existent fancy word for it. if she says no to dating for whatever reason, that is still called rejection no matter how much you sugarcoat it. stop demonizing women for their right to say no then calling it "the friendzone."

• You're definitely not getting it. But I guess it can't be helped.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, there is no such thing as the "friend zone" okay?

Now that we have established that, don't feel like you're entitled to be more than just a friend to her. If you two really like each other then you'll come together in the way that you are meant to and hopefully in a way that you want to.

Keep hanging out with her, keep taking her out and see what it blossoms into. The reason so many guys are "trapped" in this "friend zone" as they call it, is because they think they deserve something from the girl but they never go about it the right way and just come off as pricks and creepy.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have. It's obvious she enjoys spending time with you, so that's a good step.

• You better give this girl MHO

• First, lol @ the salty guys that down-voted my opinion.

Secondly, it obviously won't kill you, it doesn't hurt to try honestly and it seems like she could definitely be into you more. Worst case, she rejects you and it becomes awkward for a little bit but you can both move past that. You have nothing to lose and a lot to gain!

• Well, yeah it won't kill him xD I was giving a scenario because I'm went through the same situation a while few years back with a girl. It still hurts to think about here and there, cuz she's just so, jeheidhtbrosg, for lack of words. 😂😂