How do we get through this?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years. Periodically we’ve been fighting but we’ve worked through our problems. The past month or so we’ve been fighting more and about stupid things. He told me a couple days ago he isn’t happy at the moment because of all the fighting and the fact that we say almost the same stuff on the phone all the time. I was wondering if someone could help me with communication and how we can get back to where we were. I know we will be able to get through this but I don’t know how. I love him so much thank you for the help!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• you should try to spend more time with eachother irl cuz i doubt you are gonna be fighting like over the phone and if so just try to give eachother more space , you dont have to call all the time... ofc the conversations get a bit boring sometimes. Make it so you look forward to it not cuz u have to do it. Make him miss you a little.

0|0
    0|0
    • We only see each other once or twice a week due to work and school and we never fight when we are together tbh but him telling me he isn’t happy made me upset cause I don’t know what to do

• Show All
    • He’s saying he’s not happy but I feel like he loves me I mean we’re still trying to make plans for this weekend I don’t know how to make him happy how to get us back cause he’s sad and upset and I don’t know what to say or do you can’t make anyone happy over text when I see him I’m getting him his fav book series and some candy I think he’s not happy what do I do

• I think I found the reason I think it’s basis is trust, he says I shoot him down when he has ideas or stuff and I didn’t realize that til now he says he doesn’t know anymore I mean of course it hurt him it would hurt me how do I fix this I feel like this piggybacks the idea of not being about to talk much over the phone because he doesn’t wanna tell me what’s wrong or what’s new or other stuff cause he’s afraid I’ll shoot him down how do I fix this

• Maybe you guys need space. It's sometimes better to miss each other than be around each other constantly that's probley why use are fighting

0|1
    0|0
    • We have school almost everyday and we talk in the morning and night so maybe like find something to do or something then come back? How do we get happy again?

• Show All
    • I think I found the reason I think it’s basis is trust, he says I shoot him down when he has ideas or stuff and I didn’t realize that til now he says he doesn’t know anymore I mean of course it hurt him it would hurt me how do I fix this I feel like this piggybacks the idea of not being about to talk much over the phone because he doesn’t wanna tell me what’s wrong or what’s new or other stuff cause he’s afraid I’ll shoot him down how do I fix this

• Support his ideas and choices. I'd be hurt to if I had the one I loved shoot my ideas down too. Your suppose to be his rock boo

Recommended myTakes