First message on dating apps?

On dating apps like OkCupid and tinder I always find it difficult to start a conversation out of the blue. I feel most comfortable saying "hi, how are you?" I understand that this is likely boring and lots of girls will have a lot of messages like this in their "in box." So I try and comment on something in there profile that I would feel would illicit a response but rarely get one.

Girls when you open up your in box and see a new message from a guy what do you want to see so I can start a real conversation?

01