Is it positive or negative when a guy gives you a couple of nicknames?

(Nicknames that aren't hurtful)
I started using a nickname, because I wanted to annoy him and he started giving me one as well.
  • Is it positive or negative when a guy gives you a couple of nicknames?Positve
    Vote A
  • Is it positive or negative when a guy gives you a couple of nicknames?Depends
    Vote B
  • Is it positive or negative when a guy gives you a couple of nicknames?No
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• One kept up some pretty insulting nicknames. She didn't mean it as insulting as it appeared, but I told her not to, (it happened to be a nickname I also had in grade school, so there was a lot of history with the name and a bad childhood) and she just kept it up. I dropped her fast.

Babe (unless she calls me that because I remind her of the pig), hon, sweetie, all fine. I hate "Bae" or ultra cutesy nicknames (I only use them ironically) ("Schmoopie.")

It kinda depends on what it is.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My current nickname is "moo moo"

Literally being called a cow. (Context being that my boobs have sprouted as if from nowhere in like 2 weeks, 'cause pregnancy hormones)

It's obviously not mean-spirited in any way, but I have mixed feelings about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Tends to be positive :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Nicknames show familiarity, and most of the time they are used to shorten your way if addressing someone whose name is longer than the relevant nickname you give them. And because sometimes using someone's name sounds more intimate than necessary in context.

0|0
    0|0
  • Often positive however the ones I tend to create are not received well as I kinda like "mean jokes" etc etc, my ex relentless used a old nicname I fucking hated so bad, ended up turning fully, relax people, unless it's like just a passive way to be mean relax a little

0|0
    0|0
  • I would go with the percentage here. Most likely good, definitely not bad, but maybe spinning wheels and not going anywhere. Don't get comfortable of the situation. Always inch a bit closer if you want a dating relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nicknames are given positively and negatively. They are usually positive to HOTT girls and girls that are smart. Girls that are not so intellectual can get a nickname degrading them without their understanding.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I do love weird Nick names which has a certain kink to it. But I am totally against them calling me with my size!

0|0
    0|0
  • ... funny thing is that i always call all my girlfriend hon (honey) it's easier that way. just in case you said names wrongly by accident. You wouldn't want that. Seriously I mean it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say depends, you could be given some absolute mean hearted nicknames if your boyfriend happens to be sadistic in some way or is just terrible at making sweet nicknames.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex and I had the true nicknames for us. Her-panda, me-squirrely. Saying are real names were weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • It matters what it is, I normally call those I respect " boss" or "Captain" those who I advise " kid" "kiddo" "bucko"

0|0
    0|0
  • I always use terms of endearment towards my sweetie, unless she doesn't like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't give nicknames unless i fully trust and like the girl, EXTRA POSITIVE.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've given people nicknames if I can't remember what their real name is. So it could be that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends who gave it and why.

0|0
    0|0
  • neutral

0|0
    0|0
  • Nickname is segway into dating

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends what it is and who gave those nickname