Fears he's unlovable?

A guy I was once dating told me his biggest fear was that he was unlovable.
I think this might have even led to the demise of our relationship.
What do you think he meant by that/how could one show a person they are wrong and that they ARE lovable.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Changing someone's thoughts of themselves is nearly impossible.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I think I agree. And it totally led to this block in the end where he got too scared to continue letting me in.

• Then you began to feel like you weren't enough? It can bring you down. its not healthy for you. Its much easier for down to pull down the ups. then theups to bring down higher.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• He meant that there were some frailties in his life that he was not happy about and felt if they ever came to light that he would lose you and wanted them to stay hidden.
    You can't show him he is wrong until he opens up to you and you know what the issues are and if they can be overcome or not.
    Many girls marry to find out things they wish they would have known prior, but now it's too late.
    Be thankful that has not yet happened to you:)

1|0
    0|0
  • It's gonna take some time and is not gonna be easy since he doesn't think very highly of himself honestly the first step has to be on his part more then anything he has to learn to love and appreciate himself and who he is as a person which is not easy. As for you show him how much he truly means to you and try your vest not to give up on him good luck hope I helped some

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably means that he doesn't think of himself as someone others would want to, or ever would love. Low self-esteem and confidence is a killer.

1|0
    0|0
  • Interchange can't with won't. For most guys it's more important to us to be likable, lovable is a burden

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like the words of an attention seeker, people who try to play on emotions like that don't deserve love

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he cheated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am also think like this because of confidence lossing

0|0
    0|0
  • Make them feel special. Tell him how much you love him and want him back

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes