Why do men do this while in relationships?

Ever since I’ve been with my boyfriend, and even before we started dating, he would look to other girls when we were out.
Before we dated I didn’t care because we were not together. But once we started getting serious, I’d feel really disrespected by him doing it. I understand that there will always be hotter girls, but one thing is to look and another to stare. He stares at girls all the time. I’ve expressed how much it bothers me to him several times and he still does it.
He is Mexican and I know it’s most common in Mexicans. What do you think? It stopped bothering me, like making me jealous, once I got pregnant but it still grinds my gears.
Am I in the wrong for being angry at him for doing it? He also watches me to make sure I’m not staring at men but he can do it?

321

Most Helpful Guy

• For the same reason you look at other girls when you see them.
    Natural Instinct.

As males, we look at them because we are biologically programmed to always look for mates. It doesn't just turn off when we are with a female, we aren't meant to be monogamous.
    Whereas females biologically check out every other female they see because they constantly compare themselves to other women and look for pros and cons. They are constantly in battle for dominance to keep their mate and be the most desired.

There is no difference between staring and looking (I hate when women say that shit). We stare because it's a show we will only get to see for a very short time and will never see again, so we take it in as much as we can. Like watching a beautiful sunset or a fireworks show. What is the point in there being a show if you simply glance at it and then look away?

You are wrong for getting angry because you should not be dictating what he can and can not do, he is his own person and just because you don't like something doesn't give you the right to try and stop him from doing it.

• Understandable. But if it were that way then why does he ask the same of me, but continues to do it himself? I’m not saying I’m a saint and don’t look at men but I try not to double look or stare because I’m considering his feelings. And maybe he’s more shallow than me but even so, why ask of something you aren’t willing to do in return?

• "we are biologically programmed to always look for mates"... women are not. You are biologically programmed to try and attract the best mate. Therefore you looking is different than him looking.
      You looking vs him looking is like a cat chasing a mouse vs a mouse chasing a cat. It isn't normal for the prey to chase the predator.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a bit possessive to be jealous. Looking at others and being attracted to others is human nature. However if he's doing it obviously and purposely and it's annoying you constantly then I wouldn't put up with it. I wouldn't even say anything about it because that will make you look like a jealous girlfriend and that's not a good look. Get out of the relationship before its too late.