How long will guys exchange numbers with a girl after getting to know them?

So I have been going out with this guy for a couple of times now and he still doesn't ask for my number. We usually chat over messenger. So just wondering if the situation im in right now is weird or he's just too shy to ask.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keep talking on messenger he will ask you for your number when he's ready.
    Maybe he likes talking to you on messenger? who knows besides a lot of people now communicate through social media rather than actual messages but just wait if he's into you he'll ask when you least expect it

Most Helpful Guy

• One second. The guy may just be used to messaging through the internet or apps. The only reason why I wouldn't give my number to a woman I'm interested in is if I don't want her calling me.