I want to talk to my crush, how can I do this without it being weird?

We've been in the same class all year... he's so handsome that I end up ignoring him and NOT making eye contact or smiling because I'm too shy to look at him. ugh i hate myself. Anyways, I thought he didn't like me, but recently (as the usual routine has changed with a new term in school), I have noticed that he looks at me when I'm not looking, I catch him stealing glances which means he might be a bit interested. Anyways, I feel A BIT more confident.

This is the weird part: We ignore each other. No one smiles. No one says hi. Even if we see each other around school, he'll ignore me and because of that, I'll do the same. But I've been crushing on him for months now, and Its killing me because I just want to get to know what he's like.

So, how should i start a conversation? I usually sit in front of him... should I sit beside him this time, and ask to borrow a pen or something? Would it be weird if I just started asking him how he was liking the course and asking his what his major/minors are? You know, common questions everyone gets asked when they meet a new classmate. I need 60 seconds of courage!!!

02