Should I totally quit dating and accept a lonely single life?

I’ve been single for four years.

I gave a break for two years after my long relationship to understand, and improve myself, focus on my education and career and travel.

when I was ready about two years ago, i started using dating apps, websites, going on blinddates through friends, trying to meet people in dofferent places.

nothing work out.

It is always guys only want sex on the second day we go on date.

I dated one for 9 months only to find out i was cheated on with 4 girls and he said he used me for sex.

i quit dating deleted all the profiles on apps.

I will turn to 28 in two weeks, i am very old to be a single woman. Should i give up and accept this lonely life with no family? Nothing is working out must be a message for me to quit trying. What do you think?

113

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't give up on yourself. It's tough, tough as hell sometimes, and it gets harder to put yourself out there, easy to feel wounded and even scarred by experiences like that. The alternative is dismal at best. The best salve is to reframe your perspective, to create a new paradigm.

Being honest, you should simultaneously acknowledge the value of societal wisdom (being older and single as a bad or potentially bad thing) and throw those same values out of the window, as they apply broadly and not to yourself.

I suggest breaking free of the paradigm that you must be attached to someone, that you must have a family right now, or even soon, for that matter. There's nothing wrong with being single at any age. There are a few good books by female authors that have a really good take on it.

Finally, I would add that your situation has a lot of silver lining. You're well established and have your shit together, you're educated and have career underway. If you have been taking care of yourself, you've got a natural appeal to the other half out there, and if you haven't, that a great place to start. It's also good that you've given apps, sites and other things a try. If at all possible I would encourage you to find someone in a similar or complementary career to your own

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you are meeting the wrong type of guys (there are a lot of creeps out there). Keep trying! I'm 31 and recently single again. There are great guys out there, you just have to find them.

• I've also come to learn that I can be happy without a man in my life. Most of friends my age are already divorced and have a really fucked up life.

• I am happy? No doubt. I am used to doing everything by myself, i am strong and independent, i am happy i can move from here to there for my career or for vacation without thinking of kids or a husband. But i feel stressed out because of my friends all married expecting first or second kida