How can I break the ice with my boyfriend?

So my boyfriend and I are pretty shy to start out with, he's a sweetheart.
*Opens doors for me, pays for my meals, comes to the door when picking me up, acts nervous/fidgets around me, let's me choose, texts me daily, doesn't ever talk sexual with me (yet) lol. But there's this intense feeling around us, and it's cause I am pretty sure I am his first legit girlfriend. There's one thing, we HAVEN'T kissed or held hands! It bothers me that I can't have the guts to do it myself. Cause I am pretty sure he's nervous or is just waiting. But we are boyfriend and girlfriend, and it's rare to see couples not kiss lol. How can I do this? My stomach is always in a knot when I am around him, cause I like him so so much. Please help me!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha I get it, so shy around first real lady, maybe in a way break it through text first, gonna be anxiety provoking to say something but be simple, say are you open to being more physical, I would bet my right hand hand his brain is screaming yes! part of what's happening to keep you both shy is sexual tension, that's the intense feeling, he is shy and is likely unsure where the line is without going over it and making you uncomfortable, if you can summon the will to just say you want to kiss him, or whatever he will be more than willing and relieved

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh nice, that's great to know! I knew it was intense feeling lol. Should I just talk with him about it? Or wait for the right moment?

• I would when ever you could just go ahead and kiss him if the urge took you, he may have a slight shock moment but the spontaneous action and that you made that move will almost certainly want more ha

• Sorry forgot, when ever you can talk or what ever works for you, now, fave to face, when ever but I doubt there is too soon

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a good start, it's nice to see a relationship start like this for a change. Have you tried bringing up the topic of kissing? Maybe you should ask him how he feels about kissing or if he's ever kissed someone before. How old are you guys by the way?

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh definitely, I haven't yet. I asked him if I could give him a hug. (The first time we hugged lol) I could totally ask him, I am not by far experienced at kissing either. We are both 20 :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you're walking somewhere with him, just grab his hand and hold it. He won't stop you. After a while when the time is right, if he hasn't kissed you yet that is, just kiss him. He is probably trying to think of ways to make the first move. Some guys are also too nervous to do so. My advice is wait for the right time and just do it. Just don't overthink it.

2|0
    0|0
    • Good thinking, I won't rush it. I will wait but not too long lol. Thank you!

• You're welcome and best of luck to you :)

• I think the best way to do that for a shy guy is to be sarcastic/playful, not sure if they're the correct words, but i'll try explain.

I think it'd help ease the "tension" or whatever if you were to just say "kiss me" looking at his eyes and just laugh/smile and act as if it's a joke. Just sit there and wait, if he doesn't, try again. This might be hard for you to do as well and I understand that, but you're probably both in the exact same situation waiting for the other to initiate. Try be joking, sarcastic to try help ease the feeling and increase comfort

1|1
    0|0
    • There's a great idea, thank you so much. I will try that. He always laughs at my stupid humor... :)

• Wow. Relatable much? Basically the same thing was me but the inverse :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh no kidding! Tell me your story, would love to hear it:)

• Basically he was the non shy one. I wanted to be like comfortable talking around him and everything before we did anything. And that didn't really happen so he broke up with me because he wanted a girlfriend that was more physical... :P

• Kiss him! 😉â™Ĩī¸ I'm shy too and I'd do the same thing. What's there to lose? Yolo haha

1|0
    0|0
    • I should just do it, I get nervous then I don't do it. LOL YES YOLO! <3

• Show All
    • Girl omg I know right? That's very true, one of my guy friends kicked out a girl for being a bad kisser and I was like "you're a dick" hahaha. But I am glad I got this guy for sure.

• Oh nooo! Well yeah you're really lucky then ahaha good luck with everything and for sure go for that kiss 😘

• All it takes is one tiny little moment of guts. Just kiss him. It'll feel so good and he will be into it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Very true, I will go for it next time. Thank you!

• Just lean over to hug him real close and look into his eyes, look at his lips and just go for it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Take your time, there is no reason to rush it! When it feels right you it will happen and it will be amazing!

1|0
    0|0
  • Get really drunk, just the two of you. You'll be a lot closer by morning

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol, yeah totally. I wanna be sober though, I want it to be a special moment.

• Some people make you more shy than others, usually when you like em more, and sometimes its slow getting past that and you need a boost. It can still be special if drunk but its rarer, and you dont remember some of it.

• Okay, so what I would say is: Meet him at your house, or his, however you want. Watch a movie, cuddle, the kiss will come.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • Go ice skating

1|0
    0|0
  • Just smile at him as you lean forward into the kiss. The less nervous you are or at least act somewhat comfortable and confident the more comfortable he is likely to be. He sounds like a nice guy

1|0
    0|0
    • I will definitely try that, thank you so much!! <3

Recommended myTakes