What does it mean?

What does it mean when a guy says "you are like my little safe place"
I've been having sex with this guy for 5 months. He has said many of times we are only friends. Recently I asked him was he getting attached to me he said "yeah".
I asked how would he feel now if i went and slept with someone else and he didn't like the idea of it anymore, when he was fine with it before.
I asked him what i meant to him today. And he said i was his friend obviously, but also his safe place.
So confused because he has said he doesn't want a relationship with me, but lately its seeming like he is looking at me as something more.

03