Purposely taking a year off from dating... has anyone done this and suggests doing so?

Anonymous
I’m 23, and really feel ready to take a good time off from dating, I’m estimating about a year. I want to stay committed to not dating and then in a year try again. The last few years I’ve been trying so hard to find love and form something with guys, failed attempt after failed attempt that has only hurt me and has stunted my career. It has built me and changed me for the better, but now I’m finally realizing I have all the time to form a relationship, I’m young. I want to focus on my career and also take dance lessons and just do ME things, and enjoy being my best friend and building myself. Has anyone taken a break from dating purposely before? What do you do when you’re constantly asked out though? Because I am I suppose attractive, I am asked out pretty frequently. At work I am hit on by customers and coworkers frequently, and online or when I go out with friends I am as well. How do I not feel like I’m missing opportunities with guys during this time? I truly don’t want to be with anyone right now but I still enjoy flirting and going out.

6
2