Am I overreacting?

My boyfriend and i made plans to see a movie that i have been wanting to see for a really long time. He stopped responding to my texts and later i found out he went to that same movie with his friends. I was mad because we had already planned to go and he could’ve at least told me to meet up with them.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah that's not cool. Not that this is an excuse, but he probably got invited by his friends and didn't want to say no to either of you and didn't know what to say/do. But he should have I agree. But I also understand how he might have felt, wanted to do both and couldn't make a choice and didn't want to disappoint either of you. Either that or he just didn't care and wanted to go with his friends more. But you'll know the difference by how he acts and treats you in general. Is this the first time something like this has happened, or is it a regular thing with him?

0|0
    0|0
    • He actively chooses his friends over me so its a pretty regular thing

• You're not over reacting then. I'd be upset too!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be annoyed... why couldn’t he say that some friends wanted to come to and still keep plans with you. X

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Did he know how much you wanted to see it and that you wanted to see it with him?

He sounds like he's wither completely missed a whole lot of cues from you or he's actively failed to respect you as a person.

0|0
    0|0
  • He just showed you that his friends are more important than you are.

0|1
    0|0
  • well now can you go with your friends? im sorry i dont rlly see the big problem here, unless you told him sooo many times about that movie

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s so slack :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah, I’d be pissed. He doesn’t respect you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes