1 y

How often should I text a girl after the first date when the second date is already set up?

I went out with a girl from an online dating site. We texted for 2 days getting to know each other before I asked her out and she agreed. We set up a date for 2 days from then (Tuesday) and texted up through the day of the date.

The date went well we just got coffee and talked for about 2 hours. After getting home from the date I texted her and thanked her for meeting me and said that I had a great time and we should do it again. She said she had a great time too and agreed we should see each other again soon. The next morning (Wednesday) I asked her out again for Sunday. She agreed and we figured out the logistics and had some small talk.

So my question is should I be texting her before the date? Up until today I had been texting her every day since meeting online. The date is already set now though and other than asking her questions about herself, which it seems like would be better to do during the actual date, I wouldn't know what to text other than boring small talk. I was considering not texting her until the day of the date and then texting something like "looking forward to seeing you tonight ☺".

I am really interested in her though and I don't want her to think I'm not. Will she be expecting me to text her? And if I do should I be asking questions to get to know her better or just ask how her day has been and whatnot.

As a side note she has never texted me first yet which is fine I think the guy is expected to take the initiative but if I don't text her I don't think she'll text me.

Thanks!
1
1