Should you take the time to get to know someone before you ask him or her out?

If yes, how much time?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Enough to know you'll be safe with them, but going out with them is how you get to know them:)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you ask them out so you can get to know them.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Depends on the person. I prefer getting to know a person in person rather than through emails, texts, and phone calls. At least in person I can watch body language and facial expresions to see if they are true or not. I think you learn more about a person by spending more time with them. Yes, you can learn about them without being with them, but you are missing out on somethings.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't know my husband at all before we went out, we met at a party and when on a date the next day and were still happily married, same with quit a bit of past relationships, to me it's not better or worse, sometimes it's worth it to go out with someone in order to get to know them

0|0
    0|0
  • Going on date doesn't mean your asking for someones hand in marriage. Going on a date is feeling out whether or not you guys might be compatible in any way shape or form. People make actual dating too complicating. A date has no labels attached and can be anything you want it to be. A date could be just a hangout between two people who want get to know each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. you can ask them out and use the time out to get to know them xD i don't consider it a wayste of time to date them, cause it's up to you to have a good time if you end up clicking with them or not. at least you can practice and get better at dating this way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I feel like that's the whole point of the date. I mean definitely get a little background make sure they're not crazy but to really get to know thst person I feel that's the main point of the date

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you go on a date if not to get to know the person? I don't know why people in my generation treat going on a date like a marriage proposal; it's just a few hours.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ideally, yes. It will make the first date less awkward and give the relationship a better chance of working out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that you need to get to know a person before you think about asking them out because you need to find some sort of common interests or common ground otherwise in the long term it will impact a relationship or friendship negatively

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, i know a date is supposed to BE getting to know someone but i get to know people before i get to know them,. preferably a few months.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me three months i dont open up until you're friendly, not my friend coz thats no place to be if u want more than that n i can see whether i like u or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally, yes. Unless asking them out is a chance to get to know them.

0|2
    0|0
  • I take a while to chat with the person until I ask them out. Like even sometimes months.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think thats how you get to know someone best when ur out

0|0
    0|0
  • Well u never know it depends from person to person but there r always some vibes u will know when to like when they r very happy

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean isn't this why you ask him out? To get to know him better?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i want get to know a girl more before asking her out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think spend one or two days chatting is enough. I don't recommend more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel the first date is the time to get to know them.

0|0
    0|0
  • 4 decades

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah u need to spend some time together

0|0
    0|0
  • Enough to be comfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • You can do that after sex

0|0
    0|1
  • Depends on how comfortable you feel around them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you can

0|0
    0|0
  • Otherwise you would just be wasting your time

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you work for tampex

0|0
    0|0
  • If it’s possible to get to know them first but usually you’re not going to see them again

0|0
    0|0
  • thats what a date is. its to get to know someone. if you're not interested in them, you can move on to the next person.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes