How would you feel about ur S. O. being someone that was in trouble with the law a lot as a youth?

It's been about 11 years since last illegal activity but was someone who broke many laws and did some really bad things that not proud of but had to do to survive. I had some problems i needed to get away from my parents so left at 15. But once i got into a stable environment i stopped. Would this bother u? If so why?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly dont judge the past unless you're still living there, once you change though i can't really hold the past against you. Who u r today would matter more

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• I would not care if a guy broke the law 11 years before I met him unless it was rape or murder or child molestation but he would have to regret his choices and be unwilling to repeat the same behaviours.

1|1
    0|0
    • I can tell u i did none of the above. No chance of going back

• then I would think of you not only as okay but better than those who never did what you used to do. I think all repentant people are heroes in their own way.

• As a criminal justice major and future k9 officer, id have some concern, but id like to know the facts before I come to conclusions. I understand people mess up. At that age, kids are their worst because they are figuring things out and sometimes get with the wrong crowd. Id have a long talk with you and evaluate at the end how it effects our relationship.

2|1
    0|0
  • People get wiser with age and maturity. I wouldn't hold that against anyone. And anyone who does you wouldn't want to be with anyway because they are the type that don't think their sh! t stinks.

1|1
    0|0
    • True and usually done some messed up themselves. I worked with a guy who talked about drinking a driving every weekend and had the audacity to bash a football player for doing the same.

• Yep. Those people are to busy looking at others when they should be looking in the mirror.

• Everyone makes mistakes in their lives. What's important is whether or not they learned the lesson.
    I wouldn't see this as a problem, only if it was something serious, child molestation, rape, murder etc. If not then you're all good bruh 😉

0|1
    0|0
  • Your past is your past. Builds character ! I was a law bending little fucker... Lol got into all sorts of shit. But it molded me into the fun loving open minded mother of two that I have become today. I don't break the law now and have no interest to. But I wouldn't change a thing from my youth. I LIVED. If my husband can't take that I was a bad ass. He can't take me
    So unless u killed someone, raped and beat someone. Let it go. Can't do anything about it. What's it matter today?

0|1
    0|0
    • Let me tell u i feel the same. U nailed it word for word how i feel about it and what it did for me and how i feel about it. When told my wife about my past she was real cool about it wonder how many else would feel the same.

• Uhhh, I guess it depends in part on what laws were broken.

I can certainly respect a person that turned their life around. I think that’s just a great story and a person that fixes shit maybe deserves more respect than most. Here are some things though that would prevent me from getting into a relationship even if I respected a person though. So I guess the answer is it depends on the crimes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't care. Whatever he did could have been caused by his mental state and he wouldn't know how to handle it so it then resulted in him/her being in trouble. I have the same problem

0|1
    0|0
  • i mean, the past is in the past right, people change. I've had a rough childhood too, so I can kinda empathizs

1|1
    0|0
  • It would only bother me if my s/o would continue the behavior that got them in trouble. If they're doing things different and it's truly left in the past we can move forward.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care because he may he may have been the cause of his past but I'll be the reason for his future

0|1
    0|0
  • I would say come here let me protect you and take you under my wing cause you are mine now and i am ready to walk through hell with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • No 11 years is along time ago. People change. I wouldn’t hold it against a guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stupid.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what their crime was.

0|1
    0|0
  • We all have a past

1|1
    0|0
  • I would be a bit skepticle, but I don't judge.

0|1
    0|0
  • Past is the past

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes