Why doesn't my boyfriend respond to me?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost five months now. We both are on the verge of graduating with high school, but we both go to separate Catholic schools. He's a guy that treats me very well and I feel very happy with him. The problem is though we both have very busy after school schedules during the school so our only available time to see each other is usually on the weekends. So like any person in the community, the main way we stay connected is through text message on social media apps like Instagram and Snapchat.

When we first started dating, he told me he wasn't much of a phone user. This kind of shocked me, but I sort of liked it. Now, it's driving me up the wall.

Every day, for the past six months, just to get a conversation going, he'll ask me how my day was. Take note, he always starts the conversation. It's sweet and it's a nice way to show he cares. But he'll text me that at 7 PM and I'll respond at 7:10 PM, then the next message I receive from him is at 12 PM that says goodnight. This makes me a little upset though because I'll see him on the 'snap map' (it sounds stalkerish, sorry) and it says he was on like 2 minutes ago after I sent my message. Some nights we'll have full blown out conversations but usually, the three text message conversation over Snapchat is 50% of the time.

I have talked about it and he even knows he's horrific at responding. He showed me how gets hundreds of notifications on Snapchat every day because he doesn't respond, but I feel like I should be responded to a little bit more. This causes me emotional stress even though it shouldn't, but when we're together in person I'm the happiest girl in the world.

I shouldn't have to feel like my boyfriend is ignoring my texts, right?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• He already told u he's a bad texter. If he didn't warn you, I would say he's ignoring you but that's just his way of communication.. So you shouldn't feel upset, especially that he pays u a lot of attention whenever u hang out.

Most Helpful Guy

• You are getting upset over somthing that he warned you about from the start