I want to date him, but my father wouldn't approve. What should I do?

Well I started to talk to a guy who is really cute. And were are just friends for now but he wants to take me on date and I said yes. And he has a boy that is 5 years old. I think he is a great person but my father would not like the idea of me dating a guy who has already a kid. My father is very old school. I am friends right now with the guy and I just want to take things slow and get to know each other well. But my father is not easy and I still live under his roof even tough I work and study in collage. What you think I should do?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Have no secrets from Dad
    so if this attraction with consequences is worth pursuing, then bring him over to be w/Dad until Dad says no more visits with him in tow and even if he says postpone this choice until another year... you say OK but OK just to be friends and permission as a guide for now
    Your Dad's time is limited
    Dating is forever, if not married
    Too many fish in this sea and guess what? There's a reason he has nobody, so no rush to find out why. He's better off merging families and if smart will avoid singles... it's too much a rocky road ahead, I promise, been there done that

Most Helpful Guy

• In this case, you first need to find out if he wants to date you. If you want to settle with him, both of you should talk with your father on how much you care about each other, etc. Get your mother to also support you. He is your father. If he knows for sure you will be happy, he will let you be happym