Should I be patient with him or should I give up?

I got talking to this guy from a dating app- at first he didn’t seem so talkative but I gave him a chance as he’d said on his page he was an introvert. Anyway, over the course of a week or so, he came out of his shell. We also spoke about what we want long term- I said I’d want to be in something which clarifies it’s going in the right direction and he said he’s very jumbled about his life atm (career, finances, spirituality).
However, we met up and things went well, we both had a nice time. The next day he was taking longer than usual to reply to my messages. I wanted an answer so I asked him if he and I would materialise. He said he is very confused with life and not sure he wants any commitment right now. He even deleted his profile on the dating site. Since that night however, we have been chatting throughout the day and night. I guess I want to know, should I be patient or just give up? He’s the only guy I’ve liked in a long time.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Unless your getting upset by talking to him you have nothing to loose by slowly trying to work your way up from being his friend.
    Don't give up on finding someone else, but also don't give up on someone because they aren't on the same level as you yet.

0|0
    0|0
    • I seem to be the one who always starts the conversation first.

• Well I can't tell you the best way forward, but your choices are:
      1: "wear him down" at effort of yourself, ask to meet, push for it etc... and hope it pays off.
      2: drop back, don't talk for a few days/weeks if at all, and you'll see if he has any interest in you.

Just remember with his personality both plans have a risk of either alienating him, or for the second him not having the courage to make the first move.

If you choose plan 2, pay some close attention to whether or not he's missed your conversations of you speak again.

• be patient , try to understand him , put yourself in his shoes

0|0
    0|0
  • Didn't you ask this question before

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes