Should I be patient with him or should I give up?

I got talking to this guy from a dating app- at first he didn’t seem so talkative but I gave him a chance as he’d said on his page he was an introvert. Anyway, over the course of a week or so, he came out of his shell. We also spoke about what we want long term- I said I’d want to be in something which clarifies it’s going in the right direction and he said he’s very jumbled about his life atm (career, finances, spirituality).
However, we met up and things went well, we both had a nice time. The next day he was taking longer than usual to reply to my messages. I wanted an answer so I asked him if he and I would materialise. He said he is very confused with life and not sure he wants any commitment right now. He even deleted his profile on the dating site. Since that night however, we have been chatting throughout the day and night. I guess I want to know, should I be patient or just give up? He’s the only guy I’ve liked in a long time.

03