Would you date a guy that's has 12 ex's?

I'm dating a guy that's had 12 relationships. most of them have had pretty bad, fucked up endings. mostly the girl has cheated and lied to him and other things. it sucks what he's gone through.

would you try to work with the "baggage" (so to speak) of his past relationships affecting your current relationship with him?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• How old is he to have been in this many relationships? I think if he's been in 12 relationship that supposedly all went bad there's probably a reason. He's probably not being completely truthful about everything that happened. If someone told me they had been in 12 relationships and they all went terribly bad I'd be a little worried. This sounds like a red flag. It's not your job to carry the baggage he's carrying and if you try to you will grow tired of the relationship very fast and than you will be one of those relationships that go really bad. It almost sounds like he's a self sabotager. If he goes into a relationship holding you up to all his past relationships I guarantee it won't work out. Some baggage is expected as being a person, no one's perfect but there is a limit to everything.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nah. I personally wouldn't. Guys are usually not dumb to let 12 girls cheat on them or play them. So I'm gonna assume it happened the other way around. 😅
    I have a personal experience with a guy who had a lot of girlfriends and hookups and told me how everytime he got cheated on etc. In the end I got cheated on by him.. which I guess no guy who truly got hurt from being cheated on several times would do.
    So I learned my lesson to not believe people just because they seem nice and sincere.

0|0
    0|1
  • I'm one of 5 women my boyfriend seriously & exclusively dated. His past girlfriends and/or his past sexual relationships don't bother me at all.

0|1
    0|0
    • they don't bother me either, they were in the past. what bothers me is he's scared history is going to repeat itself and defensive over small things that remind him of a past relationship. because of that I feel like he's holding back and expects our relationship to end any minute, so he doesn't open up fully

• unless he be the one causing shit and fucking up in the older ones then yes because he can't help what people have done to him & it's good that he's being open enough to tell you he has 12 ex's. A lot of guys wouldn't even have the decency to tell you that

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Biggest red flag is that he’s blaming the girls that they cheated. Can’t be possible. There is something wrong about what he says. I’m no one to judge of tell you what to do but I don’t want you to be the 13th ex so please be weary if it’s a fairly new relationship (which it seems to be). Take caution.

0|0
    0|1
    • *or tell you. Sorry for typo.

• Maybe those women were all batshit insane? You're making some pretty massive conclusions over very little. This is dumb advice.

• Do you know they were at fault or is that just what he's telling you?

If it's real then yeah he's going to have some trust issues, and if you can accommodate that then there's no reason you won't have a happy relationship.
    But expect to be needed 24/7 and a lot of contact to keep him at ease. There's also no guarantee he'll Improve. he may need a good/honest relationship that ends because he couldn't trust them for him to be able to trust in his next relationship. Which may or may not be you.

0|0
    0|0
    • only what he's told me, but I've met some of his friends who have confirmed stories of the ex's they met.

a lot of the time it feels like something missing? like an emotion or something that he showed the others but he's holding back from me because he's scared history will repeat itself. almost like he's too scared to show how much he cares maybe?

• Who you date can say a bit about your character. If most guys have cheated on my partner, it's not a coincidence. Obviously it isn't fair to judge them solely on that, but it's not irrelevant.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had 6 times more partners than that. So has my girlfriend. Men and women fuck, it's a fact. He doesn't have to bring that baggage into your relationship. He should leave it out and you should stop counting his fucking past lovers.

0|0
    0|0
    • that's the number he told me. I didn't count them. And they were committed relationships, not one night stands

• Show All
    • and you're hurting

• Of course, the old "Oh I don't like your advice so to cover for my own irrationality I'll just say that you must have some deep seated issues". Fuck off bitch 😂 you're paranoid and acting irrational. I don't ask for advice on here because I don't need it. I give it because I'm already happily married.

• There is obviously wrong with him if his exes cheated or lied to him.

0|0
    0|1
    • This is fucking bullshit.

• @Cursewords If it happened once or twice, then that is normal. But if all 12 exes either cheated or lied to him, then it is him who has a problem. There must be a reason why his exes did that to him. Something triggered them to do that. And why did he let that happened in the first place?

• If you cheat on someone. It's your own choice. No one can make you and you can't blame the other person for your own stupid decision.

• Sure, just because he's got the track record doesn't mean it has to end bad with you.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you love them yes. If you dont then you already know that you were just horny

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a girl so it doesn't matter not less they treated them all bad

0|0
    0|0
  • I would ask myself whether lucky 13 is a thing (it's not)

0|0
    0|0
  • If he has 12 exes then why would you be any different?

0|0
    0|1
  • Yeah, give him a chance - it wouldn't be fair if it was the other way round x

0|0
    0|0
  • Well they say 1 out of 3 individuals carry an STD...

0|0
    0|0
  • There's always two sides to every story.

1|1
    0|0
  • No way.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't prefer that for sure, probably not

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I married a girl like that. So far so good.

0|1
    0|0
  • No also I don't date guys either so there is that

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it you know he gonna fuck up

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont see a reason not to.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Too. much baggage

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I have a past and a "baggage" too.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes