Girlfriend is still friends with ex?

okay, they had a 11 month relation. The guy was kinda Agressive and wanted to get into her pants, a lot. They were really close friends before the relationship aswell. So after they broke up we started dating. The ex never got over her. 2 months into our relation, and she's still friends with that guy. I warned her about how the ex still wants to make a come back. she even admitted at first. Now the ex has a new girlfriend. All of a sudden my girlfriend now becomes 'bestfriends' with her ex. We haven't even kissed yet as I've been giving her time to get over the ex, to which she says she's over with. She had madeout with the ex when they were in their relation first week off, and here I am wondering where the actual fuck we're off to. I even said how I wanted to help her erase her past. And things have been going slow. I'm insecure, cuz my girlfriend and her ex are in the same grade and class. She mentions the ex quite much and after reading my not soo happy face she taunts me asking if I'm jealous.
Its either that I really don't understand girls, or I'm in for a heartbreak.

Any premonitions?

21