Do you have the right to break up with a cheater, if you were the cheater first?

If your dating someone, and you cheated on them, but they forgave you and your clean, if they cheat do you have the right to get mad?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're both cheating on each other (at age 13?) then you don't really need to be worrying about who has the better position to argue from about breaking up. You just shouldn't be together to begin with. If you're both cheating on each other, the relationship has failed and you both need to step away from it and do some self reflection before moving on.
    Also cheating isn't like a drug you can be "clean" from. It's an indelible marring of the trust you form in a relationship. If they supposedly forgive you and then cheat on you instead, they haven't done much forgiving, and there isn't much trust there to begin with between either party.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. It is a relationship that consists of 18 months

• The length of the relationship has no bearing on the trust that has been broken by both of you. Cancer patients can survive for years in awful conditions and in many cases come out as strong as ever, but the cancer was still not healthy for them. You both need to address it and talk about how you feel about your trust. Keeping something going just because it's been a long time is not healthy. Keep it going if and only if it is something sustainable and healthy. Otherwise it will hurt you both in the long run.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have the right to get mad, but if you keep cheating on eachother it's probably a sign you are not right for eachother.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You do have the right to get mad. I don't think you ought to buuut... if you didn't like them enough to the point where you cheated on them... and they didn't like you enough to the point where they cheated on you... why are you still in the relationship in the first place?

1|0
    0|0
  • Breaking up isn’t a “right”. You can break up if the person doesn’t like yellow for God’s sake.

I’m guessing though you’ve cheated, he cheated back and now you are upset? Leave. The relationship is pointless with no trust and if anything just backstabbing.

You can be mad but tbh you deserve it!

0|0
    0|0
    • "You can break up if the person doesn't like yellow" That's true, but it's a very immature (and stupid) reason.

• That was the point. Thanks for clarifying my answer. I thought the sarcasm was clear, but you came to my rescue just in case.

• Jackie ur 13. Why are u cheating and being cheated at this age? Please go study. Stop breaking your heart, and other boys hearts.

We love smart and caring girls. Break up and wait for a good guy.

Believe me they exist

1|1
    0|0
  • You have the right to break up with anyone at anytime for any reason. Having said that you're 13 enjoy your life before you go jumping into romantic relationships. Let yourself be a kid, don't rush head long into adulthood. You only get to be 13 for a year enjoy it while it lasts!

0|0
    0|0
  • Here's the thing about cheating; it's mostly a matter of definition. If you're okay with it enough to do it, however, you don't have a moral leg to stand on if they "cheat" on you after. You set the bar lower, after all...

0|0
    0|0
  • It's completely up to you.

But there is the fact that they did forgive you, and you have to decide whether you owe them the same kindness they once gave you.

Alternatively maybe this is a route into you having an open relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Um, definitely not. I mean it's normal to be hurt or upset, but you have no room for argument if you cheated first. I'd say if you both cheated you don't need to be together anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • You have the right to break up if you don't want to be with someone, but you're not exactly clean and it would be hypocritical of you to be unforgiving.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have the right to break up with anyone at anytime for any reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone should have the right to break their relationships whenever they want. I don't think you'd wanna be with someone like that anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have ever cheated on anyone, ever, then you deserve whatever happens to you and should humbly accept your punishment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why be with someone if you guys are going to cheat on each other?

0|0
    0|0
  • why the hell are you together if you're going to cheat on each other

1|1
    0|0
  • It would be a little pointless to get too mad or jealous. Because, it' s a strong liklihood that this happened because of revenge/level the score/get rid of the feeling of being played. Not that this partner just happened on someone else that's a lot more attractive. That's less likely.

The way forward is to dit down and calmly come to an agreement. Either commit to the relationship and start over or walk separate ways. No games or accusations, and no bullshit like "you owe me more/is the biggest jerk because..."

0|0
    0|0
  • You do, but you will be a hypocrite in that case. But technically you have the right.

0|0
    0|0
  • You always have the right to break up with someone but if there are issues in the relationship you should be real with them and talk about it

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are both cheating on each other then do you both really want each other?

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course 2 wrongs dont make a right but considering the situation if he stuck around for you maybe you should do the same for him an start fresh again if your both down but if you know it won't work becuase the spark that was once lit is now out then get out asap it would only hurt you and him more than it would have if you didn't get out of that relationship in the first place... Anyways Gl seems like you have a big decision go with what you feel is right and will benefit you and him in the long run

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah you can break up depending on the circumstance but also seems like a tit for tat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Goddamn you're 13 and too young for this bullshit lmao.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's messed up

1|0
    0|0
  • Survey SAYS... NOOO!!! Awww...

0|0
    0|0
  • You have rights.

0|0
    0|0
  • you have every right to break up with anyone dumbass.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can break up over a dispute about which weather is best. so yes

0|0
    0|0
  • No that’s contradicting and unfair

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes