Is it OK to display affection in public?

• Yes, It Is. For Heterosexual and Homosexual Couples
  • Yes, It Is. Only For Heterosexual Couples
  • Yes, It Is. Only For Homosexual Couples
    Vote C
  • No, PDA Is Not Okay
    Vote D
Assuming PDA is limited to kissing, hugging and does not involve sex

4546

Most Helpful Girl

• This is one of those "all good things in moderation" scenarios.
    Holding hands, a hug, or a peck of a kiss is fine, but a steamy make-out session in the middle of the sidewalk... please don't do that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, unless you're MY partner Then, not so much. In public, freedom of movement is too important. It's not a lack of appreciation for affection, just a natural wariness in an uncontrolled environment. One of the joys of being a veteran is your loss of basic sense of safety. You learn fairly quickly, even in a non-combat area, to keep your head on a swivel and your attention on your surroundings. The world is a less friendly place, and being unaware can get you killed, even by accidents or "friendly" fire. So anything that reduces my ability to act in the face of sudden hazard is to be avoided. You can lie on me like a blanket in private, but don't restain me or monopolize my attention in a public setting.