Is it OK to display affection in public?

Is it OK to display affection in public?
  • Yes, It Is. For Heterosexual and Homosexual Couples
    Vote A
  • Yes, It Is. Only For Heterosexual Couples
    Vote B
  • Yes, It Is. Only For Homosexual Couples
    Vote C
  • No, PDA Is Not Okay
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Assuming PDA is limited to kissing, hugging and does not involve sex

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• This is one of those "all good things in moderation" scenarios.
    Holding hands, a hug, or a peck of a kiss is fine, but a steamy make-out session in the middle of the sidewalk... please don't do that.

8|8
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, unless you're MY partner Then, not so much. In public, freedom of movement is too important. It's not a lack of appreciation for affection, just a natural wariness in an uncontrolled environment. One of the joys of being a veteran is your loss of basic sense of safety. You learn fairly quickly, even in a non-combat area, to keep your head on a swivel and your attention on your surroundings. The world is a less friendly place, and being unaware can get you killed, even by accidents or "friendly" fire. So anything that reduces my ability to act in the face of sudden hazard is to be avoided. You can lie on me like a blanket in private, but don't restain me or monopolize my attention in a public setting.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 44

• Okay for both, as long as its not like legitimate making out like crazy lol, a little kiss or hug is fine though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Its fine but don't take it to far thats just weird, like you can make out just don't 'make out' you know what I'm saying

3|3
    0|0
  • Yeah, people need to loosen up about PDA. That's the thing about modern society, we're all totally on board seeing massive acts of violence on TV and in movies, but we're so disgusted and offended when we see two people in love showing each other that they love each other. It's ridiculous.

1|1
    0|0
    • we are not all on board with seeing massive acts of violence, and the people who generally aren't on board with that are not down with pda, don't lump everyone into one category. Also none of us would wanna see massive acts of violence happening in real life right in front of us, and most don't mind seeing make out sessions in a movie either (although they are way overused these days but hey sex sells). I'm disgusted seeing my friend make out with his girlfriend for 10 minutes straight less than a foot away from me while we're at a concert, it's just rude, one step further they'd be fingering eachother. Hugs, cuddling, kissing, all fine, making out like crazy, get a fking room

• @Goochbreaker I couldn't agree more

• I don't think most people would be okay with seeing massive acts of violence in public. Hurting someone is not okay, showing affection to someone you love is okay, as long as you don't go too far.

• My husband has kissed the sense out of me at the airport. Thats public. I don't care if I make someone uncomfortable with that. You can look away. A lot of people are saying a peck. I rarely just get a peck. lol I agree making out and touching inappropriately in public is a bit too far. But I'm not going to deny my husband a good deep kiss because it's going to bother someone.

2|1
    2|0
  • No. Holding hands in public should be a punishable offense

2|3
    5|0
  • It depends. Holding hands or hugging are acceptable... But I really hate it when couples start to touching inappropriately each other or kissing really deep . I dont get why you have to do these things in public while you can do them in private.

0|1
    1|0
    • Sometimes you just can't wait😂 but it still is wrong

• Yes. We all need to be more affectionate with people. Even if it's a friendly smile, or a simple handshake. All of us are glued to our fucking phones nowadays, and some skin-to-skin communication would be nice to see.

3|2
    0|0
  • I think short kiss and short hugs and holding hands are fine. But when it gets more sexual -please find a room. Cuz it’s kinda disrespectful to people around.

3|2
    1|0
  • This is interesting. Never thought of it in terms of splitting it up like that? Does public mean around people or in a public place?

0|1
    0|0
    • Around people

• I just don't see what the appeal would be. But I also don't see how my opinion is going to suddenly make people stop/start so there is not much point.

• HELL YES if it is not ok then why not? Are you cheating... Are u hiding something from your partner? I mean really there is NO PROBLEM. Spreading kissing , hugging , holding hands together in public.
    It shows to your partner that u still extremely love him/ her and not wanting to cheat out in public
    I hope that makes sense

0|1
    0|0
  • Now that I'm an adult, I think PDA is not okay, unless it is very subtle, like a quick hug, a peck on the lips or holding hands.
    It is VERY annoying to be walking on the street and then find a couple eating each other faces. Kids shouldn't watch those kind of scenarios, so I'm against PDA.

1|1
    2|0
  • LOL Don't be shy to show your full affection, hell it should be ok to even have sex in public. We need more people showing true affection rather then animus and holding back :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes as long as it's just kissing and hugging, no further than that. I am homosexual and I won't let anyone's stupid opinions stop me from showing affection to my girl. If they don't like it they can look away. Sometimes it's the most romantic when we're going out places together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Kissing someone goodbye or hello, a little affectionate kiss, or hugging and holding hands :) it's all good.
    The only time it's weird is when people are getting loud and hot and heavy... that's just weird and nasty.

0|1
    0|0
  • If it's just hugging or holding hands fine, but seeing people kissing makes me uncomfortbale. I mean a little quick kiss sure, but like a french kissing now... I hate seeing that lol

1|1
    1|0
  • Yes, I have no issue with it. I actually think it's cute to see a couple holding hands or holding each other in public. It renews my hope that love still exists.

1|1
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter if you are straight or gay, both should be able to do what they want in moderation, but neither should go overboard to the point where it disrupts the public.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's relative to whoever's doing it. Obviously in some places it's not appropriate and you won't be invited back again.

I personally don't like it and never have. It makes me uncomfortable.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. I can't stand when people think it's cute to eat each other's faces in public. Hugs and kisses are acceptable for anyone though.

0|1
    1|0
  • I mean, get a room if it goes beyond a peck. No matter what the gender of each person is.

1|2
    1|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 45

• I hate when a woman does not like PDA. My ex wife was like that. To me, that says that my partner really has no interest in me and certainly does not love me. I want hand holding, I want long and many many kisses. Doing that tells me that she cares about me and doesn't care who knows it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Political dude I want you to go outside French kiss the first guy or girl you meet. You have to get something out of your system, you just have to give if ago.

0|1
    0|0
  • Showing affection in public is fine, as long as they don't slobber all over each other and wrap themselves around each other laying down.

0|2
    0|0
  • All people can do what ever as long it's not intercourse or extreme. straight, gays, lesbian, transgender or whatever, they all can do what they want.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because to many people say you can't, some may find it offensive. Well, you can't go through life without someone, and as I always say, 'the greatest joy in life is doing what others say you cannot do, and doing it with the people you love.'

0|1
    0|0
  • It's fine as long as there is not too much. A kiss is fine, but a full make out session is made of a private place.

2|1
    0|0
  • 100% i want to show the world that this is the woman i love. I don’t care what anyone thinks... just aslong as you’re not eating the face off eachother for 5 minutes 👍

0|1
    0|0
  • yea I can't be out with a girl and not hug or kiss her. and she has to be the same way.
    my mom told me stories how my dad would never even touch her in public. thats sad. thank god they got divorced

0|1
    0|0
  • Privacy is an important part of relationships and, these things ate better with doors closed. Kiss on the cheek is fine but, not more than that.

1|1
    0|0
    • *are🙈

• Disagree. I find it's really romantic to hold hands, hug and kiss while on a romantic outing together.

• I also don't have problems with others holding hands, hugging and even kissing each other (only on the cheek).
      Smooches isn't comfortable with everyone and, one should also care about the society.

• Why not? Can see it often, couples hugging, because the guy is going back to the military training etc etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • Confused why there was any exclusions on the PDA barring the last one lol. Yes PDA is fine.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not one to judge but i think its ok, I think I rather see that over couples fighting and shouting at each other in public any day

0|1
    0|0
  • PDA is okay it’s love show it to the world make the single people angry make em find love

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as it doesn't devolve into a tongue-eating contest or gropefest I'm fine with PDA

1|1
    0|0
  • In my opinion it's ok whenever you haven't met other people. I feel that it is disrespectful to do that, because those people can think that you don't pay attention to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that it is okay. Why do you have a home where you can do that and a lot of other things as well?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but be aware of the culture you are in.

In some places this is a no-no, and you should respect that.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah I don't Care what they do, I think its only annoying if they see you by yourself and get all lovey dovey next to you

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, It Is. For Heterosexual and Homosexual Couples

0|1
    0|0
  • Seeing others kiss and stuff in public makes me hate myself lol

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes