Guys: How would you feel if a woman paid for the first date?(all of it, including your meal too) would you like it?

Updates:
If she didn't insist and just paid w/o your knowledge.. just curious on how some men would act.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Southern hospitality dictates that I at least have to express my desire for the other party not to cover the expenses, and that the other party is to insist if it really isn't an inconvenience to them, and once they insist I am to sincerely express my gratitude to them for their generosity.
    Basically it's cool. I'll try to suggest we split it at first, but if she wants to pick up the check and doesn't want to split it that's fine by me. I give people the one chance rule, where if someone says they got it or it's fine or whatever else I ask them if they're really sure. If they say yes I don't press it further and thank them. You seem ungrateful if you continue refusing to accept their generosity.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They will probably think that they are dreaming

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I would take it more as a sign of her enjoying the date and being enthusiastic as opposed to having a certain code if behavior off something like that. Unless she was a cougar or sugar momma. You know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Had it happen before, she made more money than me so I didn't mind. I wouldn't take any money for rent or anything like that, but a meal every now and then is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would totally let her. She obviously wants to show a level of equality. If she wants to do that, then I am all for it.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to pay, but that gets expensive, and if she's cool with it, so am I. As long as no woman mind games, or some sort of test, then no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be impressed and yes I'd like it. Only feelings I'd have otherwise over it is I'd maybe like to pay for the next one and return the favor.

0|0
    0|0
  • i am old school and Irish. No woman would pay the bill if in my company. i would see it as a slight to my honour

In fact, any person (s) in my company for a mea;

0|0
    0|0
  • She's a keeper. I would pay the favor the next time or sometime and would even go for a second or 3rd date... Free meal!!! XD

She is defo keeper.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even holding the attitude that I should pay for the first date. I think who ever asks for the date should be the one to pay. Treat them for at least taking time out of their schedule

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if she insisted, but I still would at least want to pay my share. I'd feel cheap for not paying for at least myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey! Gender equality right? Id have no issue with it... just means i can stop for a few beers on the way home!

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be happy and thankful. So I would invite her next times. That would show she is an open minded girl :)

0|0
    0|0
  • hmmm. Id slip the paid amount into her bag when she's in the restroom. Or my share, at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a rule that I follow, if I chose the place, I'll typically pay. If she chooses, I do my best to split the tab.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think that's a very good sign, then pay for it myself on the sly to surprise her, i'm just that way...

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have a problem with it, I would just feel guilty for her paying for all of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be fine with that as long as i can return the favour another time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not particularly but if she insisted I would let her.

0|0
    0|0
    • What if she paid for the meal without your knowledge? Not do the whole "no, I insist"

• I would tell her she didn't have to do that and thank her. And say the next ones on me

• Shit, I'd pay for the second date entirely out of admiration.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Would be a brand new experience for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I like to split the bill for every date.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes