Why do men fall in love with insecure women, but women never fall in love with insecure men?

Why do men fall in love with insecure women,
but women never fall in love with insecure men?

Like, what the fuck? Being a woman sounds way easier.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the past (and the present too, to a lesser extent) men have liked insecurity in women because it makes it seem like the woman is more dependent on him. That's why so many men are intimidated or turned off by confident, self reliant women. Men want to be NEEDED.

Why that's not the case for women, I'm not sure. I personally don't really like insecure men because I like to go out and do things. I prefer a guy who I can take out dancing or bring to my sister's wedding without having to constantly worry how uncomfortable he is. That's not to say that I don't expect men to have their insecurities, but when it gets to the point where I'm CONSTANTLY having to reassure him, it gets old. When it gets to that point where they seem to fish for compliments every day.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys aren’t bothered by the insecurities. Confident or insecure doesn’t matter to men.

But for women, they demand capable men. Confidence is meant to be an indicator of that.

Not fair but what can one do about it?

0|0
    0|0
    • One can question society and try to change it.

• You can question it but it’s really on women to can the way their sexuality works. It’s not something that is going to change easily if at all.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I did. and he sucked up all my energy trying to make him feel better& comfortable all the time.

2|0
    0|0
    • What about him made him attractive to you?

I found one of my exes attractive because she was insecure. Her fragileness made her seem more feminie and cute.

• Show All
    • @xgirl45 Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity

• i think its anout attitude.. men most likely like being needed and think they can get away with lots of things due to the insecurity or beleive they will never leave due to it.. with women on the other hand i have no clue

1|0
    0|0
  • This question is incorrect in essence. There are a few women who prefer shy men, but there are also few men who prefer insecure women. Most men will prefer extraverted women

0|0
    0|0
  • Because men tend to take care about women. We have a need to be protective towards someone. At least i think.

0|0
    0|0
    • Woman can take care of themselves

• actually in relationships women usually care for men not the other way around. i think men like to _think_ of themselves as protective bc it satisfies their cultural conception of manliness' but dont actually want to do the work which is much more about being emotionally strong & supportive & nurturing, than physically there.

but ideally you care for each other as a partner while as individuals you still care for yourselves.

• What Una said.

• Guys want to make the woman secure, and they want to feel better about themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • not all men fall in love with insecurer women?

1|0
    0|0
    • Many men would, including me since I have.

• noo, for me the men I have met in mylife so far, were all into strong women, strong, independent, confident and so on,, they wouldn't tolerate any insecurity or any childish behavior, so that's what I know about men..

• Interesting

• It's just not my cup of tea

0|0
    0|0
  • The man is supposed to be more confident

0|0
    0|0
  • Some do

0|0
    0|0
  • life ain't fair man

0|0
    0|0
    • Hence why I question life

• Some women do they’re just not common.

Generally women who mated with powerful men had more descendants. For most of evolution raising kids was hard enough the last thing a mother needed was one more person to take care of who also passed weak genetics.

Men by contrast evolved looking for fertile women and being much more open to protecting them.

Basically nature wants men to protect and pass resources to women who protect and pass resources to children.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes