Why do men fall in love with insecure women, but women never fall in love with insecure men?

Why do men fall in love with insecure women,
but women never fall in love with insecure men?

Like, what the fuck? Being a woman sounds way easier.

58

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm the past (and the present too, to a lesser extent) men have liked insecurity in women because it makes it seem like the woman is more dependent on him. That's why so many men are intimidated or turned off by confident, self reliant women. Men want to be NEEDED.

Why that's not the case for women, I'm not sure. I personally don't really like insecure men because I like to go out and do things. I prefer a guy who I can take out dancing or bring to my sister's wedding without having to constantly worry how uncomfortable he is. That's not to say that I don't expect men to have their insecurities, but when it gets to the point where I'm CONSTANTLY having to reassure him, it gets old. When it gets to that point where they seem to fish for compliments every day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys aren’t bothered by the insecurities. Confident or insecure doesn’t matter to men.

But for women, they demand capable men. Confidence is meant to be an indicator of that.

Not fair but what can one do about it?

• One can question society and try to change it.

• You can question it but it’s really on women to can the way their sexuality works. It’s not something that is going to change easily if at all.