Would you be okay with someone saving themself for marriage?

I know that for many this is old fashioned, but it's what I want for myself. And being 32 at the time of writing this I'm sure some will have all kinds of negative opinions or jokes going through their heads. But if you came across such a person who measured up to your standard in everything else, would you have enough respect for the relationship to wait for marriage to have sex?

Also waiting for marriage doesn't mean that you have no interest in or to be a prude about all things regarding sex. I have plenty of interest & desire to know different things, but to know & to experience are completely different things.

But I have one more question. If you come across someone who is a virgin & is waiting for marriage, do you feel like you are being judged if you haven't done the same? I hope that's not the case, & I hope even more than anyone who finds themselves in such a situation will have understanding partners. Would you be okay with someone saving themself for marriage??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see your point of wanting to wait but at the same time i don't know if i could buy a car without test driving it first. I'd have to see if this is the car for me and if it can handle my needs and how i want to drive her.

0|0
    0|0
    • I understand this concept, but at what point are you buying a used or even well used car? Trying to use a little humor.

But speaking only for myself, sex is only one small but important piece to a very big puzzle, & where a car is disposable, a marriage should not be. So it's important for me to be emotionally & spiritually compatible.

Thanks for the comment I appreciate it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely! I am doing that, so... yeah, definetly!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I had this happen to me. I had a virgin girlfriend when I was no longer a virgin (I was 22, she was 18). I was upfront with her and she accepted that I wasn't a virgin. We never did get married, though, for other reasons.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do respect such person ✌.
    There is but one thing I would be a bit worried... You and your future wife have to 'click' in bed, like the Same things and each other 'organs'... Obviously with time you can compromise and learn how to make pleasure to each other... 2nd question : no :)

0|1
    0|0
    • That's true too. And people like myself be open about their sexual desires to make sure you are on the same page & to see what pages can or can not be opened.

• Thar depends would I be allowed to touch myself with out god being thrown in my face? Or hell? Which tbh would just at this point get someone punched lmao

0|1
    0|0
    • Can't speak for everyone. But you wouldn't need permission from me for you to do that nor be judged for it.

• Show All
    • You're welcome.

• Cheers mate look forward to your next question

• The older you get the more you will be judged on relationship experience. So if you have dated long term that will be a plus. But if not it can be a huge negative. Relationships are about way more than sex.

I guess if you happen to meet someone else with the same level of relationship experience that’s fine. But the older you get the harder it would be to find a match in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, because I don’t place any value on virginity so our values as a couple wouldn’t align. Sexual compatibility is far too important to leave to chance, and the two biggest contributing factors to divorce are financial and sexual compatibility. I value marriage, and ensuring I can commit to the right person for life (and vice versa) is too important to take the risk on someone who doesn’t share my priorities 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I am waiting until marriage however my boyfriend does respect that. In the past relationship he’s had sex but totally valued my take on it. I would never judge everyone values different things

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally am okay if someone was saving themself because I also am saving myself. Whether I am dating a person who is a virgin or not, I would respect their decision either way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've had girls wanting to get married after a good pounding.. and I'd have to politely decline. On the flip side I don't think I'd waste my time with a girl after a couple months that didn't at least give me a run in the bed. 50% of a relationship is satisfying sexual needs and if she can't perform the way I need to then why do I want her? Try before you buy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think to match sexually is as important as to match spiritually. As for me I would like to make sure we connect sexually , especially before marriage. Cuz it’s a very big step.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I want to wait too. You just have to find another person who shares your values.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not. I already tried sex. So I don't have the wondering of what its like at the back of my head.

0|1
    0|0
  • Look, probably no. I'm not that kind of person so I don't know what they'd see in me.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's good that you are honest about it. And as long as you don't try to pressure someone into it that fine. Men & women should never pressure someone into such things.

• Nope, because I probably won't be getting married ever

0|0
    0|0
  • well i have been married and divorce i am not about saving anything but money

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't. I would be ok with someone never wanting to get married

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah if I really loved him I could probably wait.

0|1
    0|0
  • what are you saving?

0|0
    1|0
  • NO, whats the point?

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't be serious ! I call BULLSHIT on this.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's ideal

0|1
    0|0
  • I am waiting until marriage. I am hoping to find someone who is waiting as well, i find those who stand strong on what they believe and who know who and what they are to be a great and attractive quality.

I certainly don't judge those who have chosen differently, nor would i want to be judged harshly.

0|1
    0|0
  • probably not, unless they’d be fine with me having other sexual partners outside of the relationship

0|0
    0|0
    • It's one thing for a virgin to date a non virgin, but if this were the case, I could not trust a woman who would not be faithful in a relationship before marriage to be faithful in marriage.

However I do commend you for your honesty.

Recommended myTakes