Would you be okay with someone saving themself for marriage?

I know that for many this is old fashioned, but it's what I want for myself. And being 32 at the time of writing this I'm sure some will have all kinds of negative opinions or jokes going through their heads. But if you came across such a person who measured up to your standard in everything else, would you have enough respect for the relationship to wait for marriage to have sex?

Also waiting for marriage doesn't mean that you have no interest in or to be a prude about all things regarding sex. I have plenty of interest & desire to know different things, but to know & to experience are completely different things.

But I have one more question. If you come across someone who is a virgin & is waiting for marriage, do you feel like you are being judged if you haven't done the same? I hope that's not the case, & I hope even more than anyone who finds themselves in such a situation will have understanding partners. Would you be okay with someone saving themself for marriage??

159

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see your point of wanting to wait but at the same time i don't know if i could buy a car without test driving it first. I'd have to see if this is the car for me and if it can handle my needs and how i want to drive her.

• I understand this concept, but at what point are you buying a used or even well used car? Trying to use a little humor.

But speaking only for myself, sex is only one small but important piece to a very big puzzle, & where a car is disposable, a marriage should not be. So it's important for me to be emotionally & spiritually compatible.

Thanks for the comment I appreciate it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely! I am doing that, so... yeah, definetly!