My boyfriend stopped trusting me?

I broke the golden rule in our relationship. Been dating my boyfriend for 3 years and I snooped in his iPad and read his messages with this girl. He was planning to meet her behind my back to just talk , he told me he was going out with some friends wen he was actually going to see his female friend. I couldn’t resist and I confronted him about it and he became disappointed because he didn’t like the fact that I snoop so he said he will change his passwords and In top hide all his devices from me. Ik this is a consequence to my actions. But can my relationship work eventhough this is happening?

611

Most Helpful Girl

• I told my boyfriend’s secret to my best friend. He found out and told me that he doesn’t think he will ever be able to trust me again. I knew there was nothing I could say or do to make it better. I preceded by doing my best and making the relationship continue. It’s been 2 months and I managed to win back his trust.
    I think your relationship with him can overcome what happened as long as you never look through his stuff again. One day you will get his trust back

• It really helps but I don’t trust him like I used to knowing what he was gonna do. I’m willing to work towards getting back his trust but I want him to show me that I can trust him again and that he’s not gonna do those type of things behind my back. Any advice on what things to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you both can't trust each other then you shouldn't be together. He can't be trusted since he was doing that behind your back, and you can't be trusted since you had to snoop.
    Just end it and try for a better relationship.

• It’s true what u say. But I say take the risk and if it doesn’t work in the end then I’ll leave it. at least I tried

• You may want to take the precaution of birth control then while you are figuring out if it will work long term or not then. It's better to be extra cautious so you don't have long term regrets. Then see how things are after a couple years.