My boyfriend stopped trusting me?

I broke the golden rule in our relationship. Been dating my boyfriend for 3 years and I snooped in his iPad and read his messages with this girl. He was planning to meet her behind my back to just talk , he told me he was going out with some friends wen he was actually going to see his female friend. I couldn’t resist and I confronted him about it and he became disappointed because he didn’t like the fact that I snoop so he said he will change his passwords and In top hide all his devices from me. Ik this is a consequence to my actions. But can my relationship work eventhough this is happening?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I told my boyfriend’s secret to my best friend. He found out and told me that he doesn’t think he will ever be able to trust me again. I knew there was nothing I could say or do to make it better. I preceded by doing my best and making the relationship continue. It’s been 2 months and I managed to win back his trust.
    I think your relationship with him can overcome what happened as long as you never look through his stuff again. One day you will get his trust back

1|0
    0|0
    • It really helps but I don’t trust him like I used to knowing what he was gonna do. I’m willing to work towards getting back his trust but I want him to show me that I can trust him again and that he’s not gonna do those type of things behind my back. Any advice on what things to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you both can't trust each other then you shouldn't be together. He can't be trusted since he was doing that behind your back, and you can't be trusted since you had to snoop.
    Just end it and try for a better relationship.

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s true what u say. But I say take the risk and if it doesn’t work in the end then I’ll leave it. at least I tried

• You may want to take the precaution of birth control then while you are figuring out if it will work long term or not then. It's better to be extra cautious so you don't have long term regrets. Then see how things are after a couple years.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Lol he pulled the old switchoroo where he turns the blame to you. He is not to be trusted but convinced you that you're untrustworthy, nice love-story you got there. I'm gonna call this "Crylight", shit just got real.

2|0
    0|1
  • Ah.. no, it can’t because he’s conspiring to meet other women, lying to you about it and is gaslighting you to feel bad about it instead of kissing your ass after he’s been busted. Why do you want to be with someone like that?

4|0
    0|0
  • Stopped trusting you. He is sneaking around behind your back, and you are worried about him trusting you. I think this is backwards. For all you know is he has been cheating on you with that girl he is going to see.

1|0
    0|0
    • More of a friendship he has with this girl he has never cheated on me but I ask myself why does he lie to me I’d be cool if he was gonna see his friend if he only told me it was a girl cause I trust him to be out with his female friends but now my trust is gone cause he lied.

• Show All
    • Definitely had something telling me something is fishy.

• Don't let him turn it around on you then. He fucked up he knows it. And he is going to continue thats why he is changing his passwords.

• Yeah you can work through it. But you both fucked up not just you and he needs to buck up to his end of this deal too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it's over. You have trust issues that you'll never get over because your snooping actually uncovered some shady shit. Now he has trust issues too, cuz he's always going to worry you're snooping, or suspicious. Without trust, you have nothing. Just rip the bandaid off and end it. Get professional help before you find a new beau. Again, trust issues will eat you up from the inside out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Let me understand this. He was sneaking behind your back to see a girl, and lied to you about it. Then he has the nerve to say he doesn't trust you! This guy is a great manipulator, and can't be trusted.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he is using emotional blackmail to keep you under control while he betrays you and it's working. My ex did that stuff and it only led to her eventually doing it for real. Seriously move on and you can do much better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds to me like your trust in him had already sailed and without trust, no relationship will ever succeed. If you're hoping to salvage this relationship, it sounds to me like youve got your work cut out for you!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Breakup! Clearly both of you did wrong. You broke the rule and he was sorta cheating so... if it were me, the game's over

1|0
    0|0
  • maybe if you give him time he will start to trust you again just now you need to trust him

1|0
    0|0
  • I think not. If this guy is meeting this other woman... don't know? You snooped.

1|0
    0|0
  • He'll no. You can't trust him. Why would you want to?

1|0
    0|0
  • Disappointed? If he is talking to another female then fuck his trust

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t trust him either

0|0
    0|0
  • Not likely you snooped on a platonic friendship thats close to betrayal.

1|0
    0|0
    • He doesn’t seem to be into his female friend they have normal convo but still don’t know why he lied to me and didn’t told me that he was gonna see a female. I’d totally be cool with it if he had told me cause I know they are just friends and nothing beyond that.

• Because he knew you would be jealous even if you agreed to let him. So he was trying to keep in under the radar but now you have gone behind his back and he feels like you dont trust him. And kinda just wants everything to be put on hold likely till the dust settles.

Recommended myTakes