How do you feel about couples looking theough each others phone?

If my boyfeiend asked to look through my phone i'd happily let him. I have nothing to hide that he doesn't know about but i asked another female fried this and she said that it's her only source of privacy really and woukdn't want her boyfriend to randomly snoop.

What do you guys think?
  • I wouldn't want my other half looking through my phone
    Vote A
  • I don't mind them looking through
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• He uses my phone all the time since he doesn't have one of my own. He uses it for chatting, games and selfies - I am happy for him to do all of that. However, I wouldn't allow him to actually snoop or look through my phone if I felt that was his intention or f he straight up asked me if he could. Using it for fun is fine, using it to spy on me or check up on who I'm talking to or what I'm doing isn't.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Phone is off limits. If you are tempted to look through his phone, than you must already suspect him of cheating, and if he is than you need to dump him.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well i trust him and don't suspect him of cheating at all. But if he wanted to look through mine i'd say sure, i've nothing to hide and when we cuddle sometimes i'm on my phone infront of him and he doesn't really pay attention if there's something on tv.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'd only let her do it to show her I'm not cheating, and not on a regular basis.

Interestingly, in some countries women demand to look through their partner's phone and woe to thee who refuses or has had contacts with other females.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel the same. I don't care if anyone looks at my phone. There's no top secret stuff on there. When I'm with a woman I'm not doing unfaithful, sneaky stuff behind her back. I have nothing to hide, I don't care.

I actually find the other extreme weird. Husbands and wives, people actually married acting as if their phones are private and they've been wronged if their own spouse ever looked at it. Weird marriage. "My spouse VIOLATED my privacy and looked at my phone!"

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither me or my boyfriend ever felt the urge to look trough the others phone, but I wouldn't really mind if he would. If you do not have anything to hide then it shouldn't be a problem.
    I often took his phone to write to a friend if my phone is empty or too far away and it never used to be a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • that just shows a complete lack of trust and i WILL NOT tolerate it. my last ex did that and no i was not cheating on her i had nothing to hide but for me, trust is a huge thing. and if you don't trust me its over. if you want to know, ask, but don't go snooping through my shit.

0|3
    0|0
  • I don't think snooping is okay, but my partner and I borrow each other's phones freely and have nothing to hide. It's fine if you don't want your SO to be intentionally snooping. But if you jump when they pick up your laptop, something is wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • only if they had a good reason, if they just said they wanted to look at it but wouldn't say why I'd be concerned and feel a bit violated. If they offered to let me look through their phone then I might be okay with it, but I'd have to really trust them

0|0
    0|0
  • Complex topic. I think in the ideal relationship, you shouldn't have to be afraid of anything your partner might find. But no relationship is perfect, and I also think it's an enormous warning sign if they want to look; it shows a lack of trust.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t mind. Nothing to hide. Relationships are about trust. At the same time he should trust that he has no reason to snoop my phone

0|2
    0|0
  • If I caught someone doing that, we'd be having a LONG discussion about it, and if they couldn't give me a damned good reason why they did it, I'd be considering whether I wanted to keep that relationship going.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they took my phone and started snooping through it, I’ll take it to mean hat thy don’t trust me. Maybe if they asked I would let them since.

0|1
    0|0
  • I encourage her to look! It's not that I don't have anything to hide, it's that she needs to be able to trust me. If looking through my phones gets her to trust me; I say go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If my girlfriend asked or wanted Id toss her my phone and tell her the password and just leave her to look through it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like people going through my stuff.
    by the way, I use a flip phone with nothing in it, not even phone numbers, but still I don't want anyone going through my stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not gonna happen. If you feel you have to snoop then you don't trust me and we have issues, which probably mean it won't work.

0|2
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t mind if he asked as I have nothing to hide but we’re both as bad as each other as we’ve done it without permission before - so we’ve tried to avoid it alltogether

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be fine with it, I don't have anything to hide besides bad selfies and if he like doesn't trust me much haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe you respect each other's privacy, and as long as you're each dedicated to each other then nothing will happen and if it does... It was never meant to be

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be surprised but I don't have anything to hide.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's controlling and abusive.
    Even if nothing is going on it shows a lack of trust and respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there’s nothing to hide their isn’t an issue look away go digging.

0|0
    0|1
  • I would be wiling to bet that there's something that you hide that he dosent know about, but that's not the question. The answer is that if someone wants on you phone, they can do it without even touching your phone. I am talking pictures, videos, text messages, location, all of that mess. You would never even know about it, unless they show you, but what's the fun in that? So, it dosent really matter what you want or don't want with some people. The lengths people will go through to know every single thing your doing is staggering. Cause If ya don't know, now you know... notorious B.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont care i have nothing to hide if i was dating someone cause i am loyal af

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind them looking through my phone if i had a SO.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have trust issues so I'd rather not... Though if I was with someone long enough maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • if I have any girlfriend, I will never when she wanna check my phone or laptop.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind people using my phone if it's like hey can I use it really quick to make a call or something like that, but don't go snooping through my phone that's trust thing like it's not that I have stuff that would be incriminating against me in a relationship but stuff on your phone that you're like rather mount my girlfriend see this you know. Like my guy friends gross stuff about people a lot because guys are like that a lot most of us are polite enough to not say that around women if they're not comfortable with it you know that's why for me I'd personally don't appreciate when people go snooping through my shit

0|0
    0|0
  • My wife and I use each other's phones if we need to.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she asked me first, it would probably be okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont mind, because i have nothing to hide

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind at all

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a man

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe if she asked first and let me watch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't care nothing to hide...

0|0
    0|0
  • Must have trust issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want them to. Not because I have anything to hide, I'm just a generally private person

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes