An old highschool female friend is back in town and I only know her online now would it be a good idea to try messaging her for a coffee date?

We have not seen each other in years but we kept in touch online. She has been watching my stories and we have been liking each others stuff. I was thinking of approaching her online but I'm not sure how to say hi after so long.

I was thinking of suggesting that we meet up for coffee and get to know each other again

With Valentines day so could would it be a bad idea to try? What should I say?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• This depends on the type of person she is. Target what she likes to do, but make it seem like your just hanging out. Trying to jump into a date after not seeing someone in person in awhile is somewhat awkward and should be avoided.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well she loves Disneyland and books, well she is probably an anime fake book lover but what ever. Honestly Im not sure how to try and do a hang out for either of those.

• Show All
    • K true if I dont try I won't learn what will happen

• Exactly, be brave and honest!

• Why not, man. Go for it

0|0
    0|0
    • But what do I say? Just hello?

• "hey, this is (you name) from (where u know her from), I was thinking of suggesting that we meet up for coffee and get to know each other again, what do you say? :D"

• Good but I'm not that bold. We were the shy kids in class.

• No harm in trying. just ask her straight up.

0|0
    0|0
    • Both of us are shy. I know I'm a shy extrovert I think she is a shy introvert but I dont know really. So I'd rather chat with her some at least before dropping the question

• Show All
    • Yea... without knowing the dynamic or lack of, it's difficult to say exactly. Something simple like that works. Or movies or whatever. With her being shy as well, she should understand where you're coming from. Perhaps a recent event, Netflix show... something in the news "Hey did you see this?" "What do you think?"
      Anything to get the dialog going

• K thanks

Recommended myTakes