Do you mind if your s.o. takes their time to reply?

Taking their time because they are e. g. busy, out with friends, ... I often hear people complain: "he hasn't replied for 5 hours' / 'he didn't read my message yet'. If they normally talk to you every day and just once in a while, they are 'absent' and afterwards automatically explain themselves, then what's the big deal?
  • I don't mind
  • It would bother me a tiny bit
  • It would bother me a little bit
    Vote C
  • It would bother me a lot
    Vote D
  • They should talk to me every day 😡
    Vote E
  • They should talk to me every day and reply immediately
    Vote F

1913

Most Helpful Girl

• It sometimes does bother me a tiny bit if it's semi important (not important enough for a call but just important enough for me to expect a reply somewhat fast) and I notice that he has been online and even seen the message but hasn't replied. But then I just send a "helloooooo", at which point he'll usually reply almost immediately lol. I'm pretty patient with people when it comes to reply times, unless it starts happen more frequently and they take like a day to respond and never apologize. Then I often get agitated very easily.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is important, pick up the bloody phone and call him.

You're not actually "talking" to him by texting. Seriously people..."talking" seems to be a lost art form for millennials.

It is no wonder why you guys are having so many relationship problems. The only way you can communicate with each other is to text... even when they're right in front of you at the table.

• Nice generalizations there m'dude

• @lumos Yet incredibly accurate.

If you're one of those who become anxious, waiting for 5 hours on the phone for a return-text, when it can be resolved in 2 second with a phone call, then you're an idiot. You would then fit perfectly into the generalizations I stated.

Sadly, I am absolutely correct in those generalizations, and they are very well known problems.

• Hahaha no I’m not one of those and neither do I know anyone who is like that.