Do you mind if your s.o. takes their time to reply?

Taking their time because they are e. g. busy, out with friends, ... I often hear people complain: "he hasn't replied for 5 hours' / 'he didn't read my message yet'. If they normally talk to you every day and just once in a while, they are 'absent' and afterwards automatically explain themselves, then what's the big deal?
  • I don't mind
    Vote A
  • It would bother me a tiny bit
    Vote B
  • It would bother me a little bit
    Vote C
  • It would bother me a lot
    Vote D
  • They should talk to me every day 😡
    Vote E
  • They should talk to me every day and reply immediately
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It sometimes does bother me a tiny bit if it's semi important (not important enough for a call but just important enough for me to expect a reply somewhat fast) and I notice that he has been online and even seen the message but hasn't replied. But then I just send a "helloooooo", at which point he'll usually reply almost immediately lol. I'm pretty patient with people when it comes to reply times, unless it starts happen more frequently and they take like a day to respond and never apologize. Then I often get agitated very easily.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is important, pick up the bloody phone and call him.

You're not actually "talking" to him by texting. Seriously people..."talking" seems to be a lost art form for millennials.

It is no wonder why you guys are having so many relationship problems. The only way you can communicate with each other is to text... even when they're right in front of you at the table.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nice generalizations there m'dude

• @lumos Yet incredibly accurate.

If you're one of those who become anxious, waiting for 5 hours on the phone for a return-text, when it can be resolved in 2 second with a phone call, then you're an idiot. You would then fit perfectly into the generalizations I stated.

Sadly, I am absolutely correct in those generalizations, and they are very well known problems.

• Hahaha no I’m not one of those and neither do I know anyone who is like that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The only time I care is when I need definite answers right away.

Like: Baby whatchu want me to pick up for dinner?
    *Is at the mall about to get food for 20 minutes*
    *No reply*

Like: ANSWER ME BITCH!!!

Otherwise yeah, I can wait a few.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of the things I love about my girl is that she doesn't live on her phone 24/7. She will actually look me in the eye and talk to me. The trade off is sometimes I have to wait a while to get a reply. But thats fine by me.

0|0
    0|0
  • This happens " often " to me. Yes, I get annoyed a bit when they take 5 minutes or more to respond. However - I do try and keep in mind, that perhaps something has come up where they're at. I try to respond quickly when at all possible to texts' sent to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do only mind if I do not know where he is (late from work etc) and I'm starting to worry. Otherwise I do know pretty well that he doesn't stare at his phone the whole time, me neither.

0|0
    0|0
  • if they didn't reply for hours and they usually replied straight away i would be a bit worried but once they replied it wouldn't matter cause they were obviously busy or something

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends. After a while you get to know their texting habits and what is "normal" for them. But yeah, if it's a while and it's not like them, you naturally begin to start wondering.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drives me crazy I hard it when someone makes me wait and of its my boyfriend its even worse thank god he never does that I seriously lose it over this respect my time I respect u in return

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind but I am generally needy so I message bomb a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how much time, and how often. I do expect to communicate with my SO multiple times a day.

0|0
    0|0
  • It literally takes a minute to text "Hey babe, going to be busy with x, y, and z. Will text when I can."

0|0
    0|0
  • Well depends, if it was like with my previous ex where after 2-3 days you get only 3-5 word reply then yeah I would not like that. But she is ex for a reason :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like we should talk everyday but not in a clingy way. if one or both of us are busy it automatically means no talking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every now and then it's understandable. If it was always like that, I'd be every annoyed.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I can tell he's ignoring my messages, I would be upset about it. But If he's busy and can't reply, then I'm okay with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, cause I know they are busy. If it is important, then I will pick up the phone and call them

0|0
    0|0
  • mine has a bad habit of not replying; he usually intends to respond and forgets it he hasn't actually sent a response. i can see how that'd sound like bullshit, but i trust him obviously and i've seen him do it to fucking everyone on his phone- he's just a little air headed about the shit lol but he responds when it's important and i call, or sees a text that's saying it's a little urgent if i can't call given the place i'm at. overall he explains what was going on at the time and whatever so really i can't stay upset about a simple mistake. it'd be mighty neat if he checked for messages or put it on vibrate at least though i can't lie

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to be by myself so I would honestly be relieved if they didn't reply very fast.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind if they take their time to respond not a deal breaker for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • They should talk to me every day and reply immediately

0|0
    0|0
  • I was waiting for two weeks for respond, so few hours really aren't problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • She can take all day long to replay.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would bother me a tiny bit

0|0
    0|0
  • yes cause I know he's at work.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont bloody care for texting

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i mind

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been waiting a year and a half for mine to respond. They don't always get back to right away.

0|0
    0|0
  • to be honest it kinda bothers me because i deal with it a lot. I mean i know people who immediately respond and always give a good reason for not responding quick and all of a sudden they give a bs excuse or dont respond for 6 hours when i know they can text someone else i dont know it kinda bothers me

0|0
    0|0
  • If i knew that time my boyfriend is not supposed to do anything means he's just chilling, i'll get mad if he's not texting me back. Like if we actually text back and forth about something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd understand he has a life, and isn't attached to his phone every second, so a late reply with (or even without) an explanation is fine to me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes