How to reject someone?

How’s the best way to tell someone you don’t like them like that without making them feel bad?

When you’ve been rejected does that mean you should no longer talk with that person?

416

Most Helpful Guy

• When you reject someone, the receiving person will inevitably feel bad.

This might sound cliche, but maybe start with something like: "you're a nice guy, but..." At some point you are going to have to say the words: "I'm not into you."

"I hope you won't feel bad or anything. You are a nice person, and I appreciate your bravery for saying your feelings to me. But it's just that... I'm not into you like you are into me. I'm sorry. I hope there will be no hard feelings."

Try something like that.

Just because a person who gets rejected doesn't mean he/she can't talk to the rejecting person anymore. They can always be friends. Things will be awkward at first, but if things work out, both of them may move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. There's no nice way, straightforward is a good way
    2. Hey I'm not interested but u seem nice so you'll find someone else
    3. You're not my type but I like talking to you if you don't mind
    4. I'm not interested in dating rn is it OK if we still talk though
    These are some I can come up with guessing from your situation, try use these as guide I guess

• I like the effort, but from a guys prospective 2-4 are crap. It's best to just be straight forward. It will run a friendship, but chances are if he's reaching out to you then he has already considered that possibility

• The rejection hurts and continuing to friendship after that will hurt every time. If you can get rejected and it not hurt them you were not invested in the beginning and the rejection actually did the other person more good. A friendship after a rejection is still possible but it will take some time. That's why straight forward is the best. It shows that toy actually have some respect for the person you are rejecting. Be mindful that you are not being mean when doing it though.

• If a guy really likes a girl it hurts him emotionally to be around her knowing they'll never date.