How to reject someone?

How’s the best way to tell someone you don’t like them like that without making them feel bad?

When you’ve been rejected does that mean you should no longer talk with that person?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When you reject someone, the receiving person will inevitably feel bad.

This might sound cliche, but maybe start with something like: "you're a nice guy, but..." At some point you are going to have to say the words: "I'm not into you."

"I hope you won't feel bad or anything. You are a nice person, and I appreciate your bravery for saying your feelings to me. But it's just that... I'm not into you like you are into me. I'm sorry. I hope there will be no hard feelings."

Try something like that.

Just because a person who gets rejected doesn't mean he/she can't talk to the rejecting person anymore. They can always be friends. Things will be awkward at first, but if things work out, both of them may move on.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. There's no nice way, straightforward is a good way
    2. Hey I'm not interested but u seem nice so you'll find someone else
    3. You're not my type but I like talking to you if you don't mind
    4. I'm not interested in dating rn is it OK if we still talk though
    These are some I can come up with guessing from your situation, try use these as guide I guess

0|2
    0|0
    • I like the effort, but from a guys prospective 2-4 are crap. It's best to just be straight forward. It will run a friendship, but chances are if he's reaching out to you then he has already considered that possibility

• Show All
    • The rejection hurts and continuing to friendship after that will hurt every time. If you can get rejected and it not hurt them you were not invested in the beginning and the rejection actually did the other person more good. A friendship after a rejection is still possible but it will take some time. That's why straight forward is the best. It shows that toy actually have some respect for the person you are rejecting. Be mindful that you are not being mean when doing it though.

• If a guy really likes a girl it hurts him emotionally to be around her knowing they'll never date.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Be honest. It's going to hurt them much much more in the long run if they did something wrong and they continue making the same mistakes for future dates/approaches.

Most guys will get butthurt from being rejected cause they have few options but if they know what they need to work on, once the emotions have died down they'll be glad you told them the truth so they can change things for the better in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont lie be honest and depending on how you want it to go it can be blunt or gentle. Alwats give them a definitive answer like I am sorry but I dont feel I want to be in a relationship right now. Or im not intrested in the same way you are or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • See , I proposed a girl from my college we talk everyday , and I felt like she is interested in me still I waited for one month , she cares for me a lot , and I don't know when I proposed her she said NO.. i got hurt she was trying not to hurt me but she did..
    You know if you get feelings for someone you can't be friends you can't talk like Friends and after rejecting you can't have the same person as he/ she was before.. now we don't talk that was the last day we talked.

0|0
    0|0
  • Telling them the blunt, honest truth is best. Just tell them you are not interested in them that way. That way, you are giving them a clear closure, and they know they can move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely it will make the person who loves you to feel bad when rejected, but you have the right to live your own dreams, so if you don't want just converse it to him in a clear way. He should behave mature.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no way of making someone feel not bad as it's hard but better to just be like sorry I don't like you in that way as if you don't you sell them dreams of hope and string them along

0|0
    0|0
  • no, you can talk to each other, You can say that I am not considering to get into any kind of relationship and so on..

0|0
    0|0
    • If you say that then it will hurt him twice as bad when he sees you with someone else.

• @10bear no, I think you should talk, It will help him, get over, if that's the reality, he should see it, and face it, other than making things up in his mind

• Being honest and tell them how you feel is the best way to go about things.

0|0
    0|0
  • "thank you for the interest, but i am not interested."

1|0
    0|1
  • Sometimes when I've been rejected, the girl didn't want to talk to me anymore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be genuine. And tell him no. He would definitely understand

0|0
    0|0
  • Be blunt

0|1
    0|0
  • just say not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no any such way