What are the dos and don'ts of dating app profile pics?

What are the dos and don'ts of dating app profile pics?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Okcupid did research on this. Here's some of it:

"Now, you’re always told to look happy and make eye contact in social situations, but at least for your online dating photo, that’s just not optimal advice. For women, a smile isn’t strictly better: she actually gets the most messages by flirting directly into the camera, like the center and right-hand subjects above.

Notice that, however, that flirting away from the camera is the single worst attitude a woman can take. Certain social etiquettes apply even online: if you’re going to be making eyes at someone, it should be with the person looking at your picture.

Men’s photos are most effective when they look away from the camera and don’t smile:"

TLDR: Women should smile. Men shouldn't. According to the statistics at least.

0|1
    0|0
    • "Of course, there is some self-selection here: the guys showing off their abs are the ones with abs worth showing, and naturally the best bodies get lots of messages. So we can’t recommend this photo tactic to every man. But, contrary to everything you read about profile pictures, if you’re a guy with a nice body, it’s actually better to take off your shirt than to leave it on"

• But take this with all that with a grain of salt.
      Just maybe don't put the ab picture first. And It would be weird if he/she didn't like you just because you smiled in your picture.

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Don't: include other people in the picture. It's confusing.

2|3
    0|0
  • This is my unscientific opinion, but you want to put your best foot forward- be relaxed, smiling, doing something enjoyable, etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • Do’s:
    1. Have at least 1 full body picture so people can see the full package
    2. include a selfie but not too close where we can see inside you’re nostrils and a good angle

Don’ts:
    1. Don’t include pictures with friends especially multiple.
    2. Don’t post pictures being wild

4|1
    0|0
  • Smiling does wonders.
    Have one realistic but friendly looking picture at least.
    Have at least one picture of you all dressed up.
    Have at least one picture related to a job or hobby.
    If you have a pet, I encourage you to take pictures with them because we're weak for animals.

3|1
    0|0
  • Avoid any pose that gives you more chins than strictly necessary. Make more than one face in your photos. For god’s sake, SMILE.

2|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, it's so strange how many people have serious faces in their pics o_O

• The worst is when they have seven or eight photos and they look miserable in all of them. Avoid the pose where you’re lying on your back and taking a selfie over your head. Universally unflattering.

• I don't know about other girls, but pictures with your shirt off make you look like a fuckboy to me.

Smile

Pictures of you showcasing hobbies/interests

3|1
    0|0
  • For girls pictures of dressed up and normal days...

For lads... not endless pictures of your body m

For all... take off the filters we’re all beautiful with them x

3|1
    0|0
  • Do: smile and look happy.
    Don’t: have a group photo are look angry.

1|1
    0|0
  • Do show face, do show body, do show hobbies, don't hide yourself in group of same gendered people, don't be seen with a kid that could be yours, if I think you're out of shape but can't tell then I assume you're out of shape. Also, do use recent pics, no one likes false advertising. Try to look as good as possible in the pictures but even better in real life!

0|1
    0|0
  • Be real, means dont use these childish filters, dont cover your nature, and pls ladies if you like someone, you can write him first too instead of waiting until he/she is gone

0|1
    0|0
  • Personally i think mirror selfies are the dumbest thing..

1|1
    0|0
  • Do use a recent picture that is a reasonable facsimile of your yourself, never use a photo that is not you.

1|1
    0|0
  • no grindr?

don't hold a pic of you smiling with a severed head in your hand

0|1
    0|0
    • But then you'll never find others with a similar hobby as yours!

• Women should wear very little make up or no makeup at all. Let men see what you look like for real, you wouldn't want men making themselves better looking than they really are in their pictures.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't use dating apps because they never work. EZ.

0|0
    2|1
  • Do: Be tall and handsome. Don’t: Be average or worse and/or short.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never used a dating app in my life and never will.

1|1
    0|0
  • No torso pics or dick pics

1|1
    0|0
  • Duck face and too much filter lol

2|1
    0|0
  • Do:-
    - not have one

Don't:-
    - Have one

0|0
    2|1
  • Do: be a catfish
    Don't: not be a catfish

0|1
    0|0
  • Do: Delete the app
    Don't: use the app.

3|0
    0|0
    • @ZELLxoxo I've had friends who have had very poor experiences with dating sites.

Recommended myTakes