Should I give this guy a chance or find someone better?

I'm 17 and talking to a 28 year old man. Not dating, not sexual, just talking and flirting. It's been 8 months and we're still keeping contact. I told him I need some time to myself and we stopped talking for a month, but then he texted me again. My parents don't approve of him because he doesn't have a great paying career, a bit chubby, and old for me, but he's a very sweet and kind person to talk to. Also he is always pursuing me and I feel bad when he keeps iniiating so I don't know if I should give this guy a chance.
  • Give him a chance
    Vote A
  • You can do better
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweetheart, don't ever feel obliged to do anything - there's no need to be 'nice' or feel obliged to respond to his advances if you are not keen. Hold yourself to YOUR standards and you'll find a guy that won't make you question if you should give him a chance or not. If you're asking us, you clearly are not interested in him. Be with a guy who sweeps you off your feet and only make you worry about whether he's going to ask you out again soon! xx

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No you shouldn't be involved with someone that old when you're a minor.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You can do better, and to be quite honest I find a guy that old actively pursuing someone that much younger to be kinda creepy

0|0
    0|0
  • You can definitely do better. Don’t settle for less.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can do better

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't he too old for you?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes