I made out with another girl on my birthday and girlfriend got really upset?

My girlfriend was out of town on my birthday and she told me to have fun and do whatever I want and she’s sorry she couldn’t be here on my birthday. On my birthday my friends invited this girl to hang out with us cause they all think I like her because a few months ago my friend brought her up during our conversation and I said I’d fuck her for sure. Anyway We ended up making out but I didn’t get to fuck her.

My girlfriend found out that I made out with another girl and now she’s upset even though she told me I could have fun and do what I want. Is she being unreasonable?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think she's being unreasonable to be honest. She told you that you could have fun. I was in a similar situation once, except it was my girlfriend's birthday. I didn't bother getting her a present so I promised I'd help her set things up for the house party she was having that night. I told her that she better thank me for setting things up, she then thanked me and hoped we had a good night. And we did have a good night. She was a bit disappointed that her sister, her mom and her grandma didn't bother turning up. They did turn up, it's just they were in the other room, I was banging them on Grandpa's piano. My girlfriend found out and got a little upset, I thought she was being unreasonable. Safe to say my girlfriend wasn't invited to my 12th birthday party later that year.

0|0
    2|1

Most Helpful Girl

• She’s definitely not being unreasonable. When she said do whatever you want she wasn’t meaning go out and hook up with other girls... she was meaning anything that wouldn’t jeopardize the relationship. You should only want to hook up with your girlfriend while you’re in a relationship anyways.

6|5
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yeah... having fun and doing what you want, while in a monogamous relationship, is not a ticket to have sex with someone. She more so meant: go to the bar, hang out with friends, drink, eat... not: try to fuck another bitch.

I pray you're a troll or at least that you have no intention of having kids. We don't need anymore dumbasses.

0|0
    0|0
  • When she said, "Have fun," did you really think she meant that it is okay to make out with another chick?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Making out with someone is whyyyyyyyyy out of the curb, even if your girlfriend told you to do whatever. That's cheating, man

4|5
    0|1
  • Of course she's upset. She said do whatever you want, with implied qualifications. In other words, do what you want - but implied - don't fuck a girl, don't make out with a girl, don't burn down the house, don't pour tar on all of our clothes. Some things are just understood, not to do.

3|2
    0|0
  • That was so screwed up of you, the poor girl gave you her trust and let you have some freedom. You completely misinterpreted what she said then went ahead and abused her high expectations for you. You don't deserve her at all, you deserve be dumped like the big sleezebag you are.😑

1|2
    0|0
  • Dude, have fun does not mean make out with some random chick.
    Like, she's so obviously going to be upset.

5|2
    0|0
  • I would be upset too. You shouldn't of done it in the first place. I think your girlfriend meant something different completely. Either try and work it out or break up as the trust is failing.

1|3
    0|0
  • How would you feel if you couldn't make it to her birthday and she kissed another guy?

Would you be mad/ pissed off?

1|3
    0|0
  • Whenever women say "do whatever you want" - there are about 100 conditions and criteria that you're supposed to know but they will never tell you. That being said... you're in a relationship... use your brain.

0|2
    0|0
  • You... were going to have sex if you could have?

5|6
    0|1
    • I didn’t

• Show All
    • I mean you would have cheated if you could have?

• No did you read my question? She got mad at me for kissing another girl I think she’s probably break up with me if I had sex with another giro

• Are you serious? Unless ye had agreed in advance directly saying she said u cud get with another girl then she is right to be fucked off at u. She meant go out n enjoy ur bday as in a few drinks, dancing, few laughs with ur mates.. maybe even some harmless flirting but what u did was take liberties with her... im on ur "ex?" girlfriend side

0|0
    0|0
  • omg you're such a jerk i hope she breaks up with you

3|2
    0|0
  • What exactly were the terms and conditions for "fun"? I'm sure she didn't mean cheating unless she said it was okay specifically. And you're not very loyal.

0|2
    0|0
  • First of all you are immature guy but I do not blame you fully tho, society also is at fault.

Just because someone told you to do something u have to do even it is wrong. In life, we will be faced by situation and decisions and tests. And that were ur tests for the trust of the women. Do not ever take anything for granted at all, neither love or trust.

Anyway you got my point and anyone else who said the girl is unreasonable this fully means those persons are not mature. And we are asking why relationship does not last and why society kid are so fucked up... like really.

0|1
    0|0
  • No of course she's not being unreasonable you fucking moron hahahah

4|2
    0|1
  • Your a horrible person and when she said do what you want it doesn't mean cheat on her because its your birthday

2|1
    0|0
  • Lol, u goofed up bro. It's called cheating, gals don't like it.

2|2
    0|0
  • No, you're being a jerk. You should stay out of relationships until you grow up and realize things up.

1|2
    0|0
  • You either are completely clueless or you knew she wouldn't be ok with that and are trying to get away with it. Either way she deserves much better.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, she's not at all being unreasonable. GROW UP! When she said you could have fun, she didn't mean cheat on her. I mean you were even going to have sex with the girl. I don't blame her at all.

0|2
    0|0
  • Seriously?

You made out with another girl and you think SHE is being unreasonable?

Grow up.

5|0
    0|1
  • Not sure if you're trolling. Fun doesn't mean go make out with another girl and cheat ahahah

2|2
    0|1
  • i feel sorry for you because you can't even see what an asshole you are, asking if she's unreasonable lmfao.

2|0
    0|0
  • Omg she got upset because you cheated on her? What a bitch.

1|2
    0|0
  • Break up with her. She deserves a man who isn’t a cheating asshole.

2|1
    0|0
  • She meant in a reasonable way not go kissing or otherwise fucking other girls because it was a loyalty test and you failed

0|2
    0|0
  • Think my profile pic says it all but in case not...

Try harder troll.

1|1
    0|0
  • You can't be this stupid and heartless. I choose to believe you're trolling.

1|0
    0|0
  • She isn’t being unreasonable. I’m at idiot at times and even I wouldn’t think she meant do WHATEVER I want. If she breaks up with you, it’s your own fault.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha... Have fun means drink and dance not snog the first floozy that gives you attention.

1|2
    0|0
  • lol she said have fun, not "cheat on me and that's fine" You serously thought have fun meant cheat?

0|1
    0|0
  • Amazing the way you thought about the whole situation and she telling to have fun. You made a big mistake

0|0
    0|0
  • because you cheated on her? broke that thing called trust and loyalty?

1|1
    0|0
  • Wow. She isn't being unreasonable, You would be upset, crying, or angry if you found out someone was cheating on you.

1|0
    0|1
  • Both you and your friends have a bit of growing up to do.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont know the scope of what your girlfriend said but in my opinion I wouldn't of done that.

0|1
    0|0
  • she didn't mean what she said or it was misconstrued

0|1
    0|0
  • Damn, you kind of stepped the groupthink here.

No, she is not being unreasonable, but neither are you. What happened is, you both made the same mistake: assuming the other meant the same thing as you with a vague statement.

There's nothing wrong with an open relationship, but it has to be made COMPLETELY clear when that's on the table, because the people who aren't OK with it get very mad when it's sprung on them as a surprise -- and, as you can see by the other answers, they also band together in defense over it.

And they're not wrong, for themselves. You've probably lost a girlfriend. But either way, the lesson to take away here is that clear communication is essential.

0|0
    0|0
  • You fool. I’d break up with you so fast.

6|5
    0|1
  • No, she isn’t being unreasonable. She meant to have fun with your friends not cheat on her.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's worrying that your this stupid. Or am I being unreasonable?

0|1
    0|0
  • You silly bugger, if your going to get caught you should at least have got To handy as well.

0|0
    1|0
  • Douchebag of course she's upset

5|6
    0|1
  • Of course she's upset! I don't blame her!

6|7
    0|1
  • Do her a favor an break up. How is that fare to her?

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course she's upset. She has the right to be upset. You might as well have cheated on her.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but you are being an idiot!

2|3
    0|1
  • Another waste of time post.

1|2
    0|0
  • You're the one being unreasonable you fuckhead.

3|1
    0|0
  • Lol are you dumb?

1|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes