How to know if a guy is over his ex and I'm not just a rebound?

I am insecure about a guy. Long story short, we met as coworkers and I instantly liked him, like the biggest crush ever. Then I found out he has a girlfriend and that he couldn't be happier. So I dropped it and didn't pursue anything more then friendship with him. Few weeks later, his girlfriend dumps him (because she wasn't ready for a serious relationship) and goes oversees on a one month trip. They weren't dating long but he was felt like crap anyway. Few weeks after that, he seemed okay and like he's over her. We started flirting and I somehow asked him out on a date. He was so surprised about it and accepted it in a heartbeat. We had time and place scheduled, but then his ex girlfriend came back asking him for another chance. She was claiming that she is now ready. And he forgave her and took her. He canceled our date, apologized and told me that he still loves her and wants to give their relationship a real shot. Okay, whatever. Fast forward to now 2 months later, she dumped him again. And now he's after me. We had a heart to heart conversation, he cried in front of me telling me how is the biggest idiot in the word for canceling our date and giving her another chance. That it was his biggest mistake. He said he doesn't feel one bit emotion about her anymore, that he will never forgive her again or ever make the same mistake again. All our mutual friends are rooting for us and are telling me that he's honest and crazy about me and that I should take him. I want to be with him but I am insecure and afraid. I want to be sure that he's with because he wants ME, not because he was dumped by "the one". I want to be the one and his only choice. How do I know if he's really over her? My guts tell me that he's being honest, but my brain is wary...

22

Most Helpful Girl

• You can give him a chance.. but don't just give him that easily.. once he has already hurt you... take it very slow.. if he really into you.. he has to earn your trust.. he should realize you are not an option.. if he wants you.. then it should only be u

Most Helpful Guy

• Scientifically proven, unlike women, men never get really over a breakup. Not fully.
    Sometimes, a rebound, if you play it well, becomes a real thing