Friend talks about marrying me, what does this mean?

We have been friends for many years but began flirting a year ago, we haven’t slept together or anything as we are long distance (we are both able to travel and work anywhere so it can work) and taking it slow. We only admitted to feelings around a month ago.

Since then he’s opened up more and he is randomly talking about marrying me. Things like, “you have to visit my area because we are getting married soon and you need to know where you may live one day” or “if you went to a psychic three years ago and they told you that your future husband will be me what would you have said?” or “this time next year we will be married”

They seem like half jokes but he never laughs while saying them or anything. Does it have any deeper meaning that he’s serious about me or?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Id say ask him about it. He might be overly infatuated with you, or have overly idealistic dreams of relationships in general or maybe he is just trying and failing to be funny/relatable. I wish I could discern the context of whether he is serious or joking, but I can't.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's half planning your future. Talk to him about it. It shows he's serious he's even considering it, and you need to put your word in before he completely sets his mind for it! :)