Am I wrong do date my friends Crush, even though he rejected her (nicely) almost a year ago?

So I recently told my crush (Ken) I liked him. He also likes me, but here's the catch. My friend (ashley) considers me her best friend, and she has a crush on this guy too. Am I wrong to like him and want to date him?
I changed the name for privacy.

Here is some more info.
Ken has liked me for a year and a half. He asked me out when we first met, but I rejected him. We became best friends after that (he is my best friend). We stayed best friend even till now. About a year ago Ashley, started having feeling for him. So she did the whole mistreat the guy you like thing to him and he hated it. When she eventually told him she liked him she also said she didn't want to like him and wouldn't date him anyway. Ken started dating someone last March, and she was devastated because the girl he dated knew Ashley liked Ken and that she said she wouldn’t act on it.
Ken was broken up with last may, and Ashley asked him out officially. Ken rejected her, having no romantic feeling for her. Anyway I started having feelings for him in December and didn't accept the fact that I liked Ken until January. Ken also still has strong feelings for me as well. Ashely has said that she doesn't want us to date because we would be perfect for each other and wouldn't break up. And she can't be happy for me or him, if it's at the expense of her own happiness. is it wrong for me to to want to date Ken. Should Ashley want her 2, self proclaimed, "best friends" to be happy together? Should I date Ken or ignoresomething that makes me happy. And what about Ken who has been hoping and praying for this to happen for a year and a half

11