I'm afraid of not being able to find a partner because of my depression?

I guess I'm just afraid that no one will want to be with me anymore once they find out about my mental health. Even if they seem into me initially and they find out I'm afraid this will turn them off completely. I'm not the type to mope about how my life sucks by the way, I always live life to the fullest despite my condition but I just still feel sad in the back of my mind. Am I normal for feeling this way?

36

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly i was like that too its so hard to move forward and get over that depression

• Did you end up finding someone who accepted you?

• yes my boyfriend he also helped me move forward and he makes me so happy i am so glad to have him in my life it just takes the right guy to walk in to your life to help you out

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you could start by trying to see the postives in life rather than the negatives.

• Obviously you didn't read the question where I stated that I'm not one to mope about myself and I try to have as much fun as I can in life

• I'm not talking about moping I'm saying your letting yourself dwell in the negatives rather than the positives.

• But my point behind saying that is that I don't dwell on the negatives and try to be as positive as possible but depression really can mess with your mindset. I feel like I'm very positive for someone who is going through this.