I'm afraid of not being able to find a partner because of my depression?

I guess I'm just afraid that no one will want to be with me anymore once they find out about my mental health. Even if they seem into me initially and they find out I'm afraid this will turn them off completely. I'm not the type to mope about how my life sucks by the way, I always live life to the fullest despite my condition but I just still feel sad in the back of my mind. Am I normal for feeling this way?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly i was like that too its so hard to move forward and get over that depression

0|0
    0|0
    • Did you end up finding someone who accepted you?

• yes my boyfriend he also helped me move forward and he makes me so happy i am so glad to have him in my life it just takes the right guy to walk in to your life to help you out

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you could start by trying to see the postives in life rather than the negatives.

0|0
    0|0
    • Obviously you didn't read the question where I stated that I'm not one to mope about myself and I try to have as much fun as I can in life

• I'm not talking about moping I'm saying your letting yourself dwell in the negatives rather than the positives.

• But my point behind saying that is that I don't dwell on the negatives and try to be as positive as possible but depression really can mess with your mindset. I feel like I'm very positive for someone who is going through this.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Go see a hypnotis. I had low self esteem too and went and saw one. It was gone in 1 session. It was stuff frkm my fathers behaviour towards me as a child. I had no idea. I just knew something wasn't right. Sounds like you know too. Trust me. The results are amazing.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you find a good guy he will love you through your depression, if he runs away just cause he finds out he’s not worth your time anyways ☺️ I have severe depression and anxiety and my boyfriend has been my rock the last two years

0|0
    0|0
    • And I know how you feel my mum used to tell me ‘you’re not going to find anyone that sticks around when they find out about your head’ - she was wrong ☺️

• You could look at the positives, like your a girl, and guys chase you

0|0
    0|1
    • I've had to chase guys before too

• These doubts and fears are the depression talking

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't let one thing define you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be afraid, a guy is not making a decision about your depression. They are making a decision about YOU and whether they want to be with you. Depression is not a turn off, some of the greatest people have it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I certainly don't get turned off. It doesn't matter if you have depression or not, if a guy likes you, he will keep liking you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Even if it scares him?

• If I get scared, thats usually when I love the most lol. I don't know about others though. Maybe it's the fact that I have depression. I don't know.

Recommended myTakes