Is being nice a turn off for guys?

I’m not naive, but I do like to generous, kind to others and compassionate. That’s just how I was raised to be like. Is this a turn off? Because I know it can come off as needy even though that’s the last thing I am or want to be seen as.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends what time of guy you want. If you're looking a nice guy then you're on the right track. Just make completely sure of the type of guy you're with before you get too involved with someone who ends up coming across as a nice guy to get what they want. There's a difference between friendly and needy. Needy would be you chasing after the guy without knowing how he feels about you. Friendly is just someone who doesn't play mind games and hard to get for the sake of making life difficult for the guy, but he still has to do all the work.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• I'm not saying you're needy, but even if you are, who cares? If they don't like it, they can shove it. There's someone for everyone ya know. What happens when you meet a guy who likes needy girls, but you're so good at pretending to be someone you're not, that he's convinced you're not who he's looking for?

0|0
    0|0
  • Its only a turn off to some poeple others it is a very good thing. I'm the same way and on rare occasions poeple take it the wrong way but that is just how I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice is great. Nice is awesome. Guys love nice.

Just don;t be a doormat, or some guys will take advantage.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being nice is a great thing, though if you like him give SUPER obvisous signs. Guys are oblivious.

0|1
    0|0
  • Where has this "nice girls finish last" mentality come from, I wonder? I mean I know that people say it for both men and women but I think they only realize that those "slutty girls" that I hear nice women talk about only stick around for maybe a couple months at a time. They stay for the sex and then bounce when they find some new tail. It's a vicious process. What I think "nice people" are really asking is "why am I not getting as much sex as the slutty girl or the douchebag guy" and the honest answer is they put themselves out there a hell of a lot more often so they're getting greater returns. Those people who get so much get rejected about 10x as much, but we'd never see it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a turn off, encouraged. This works best for husband types, specifically ones who want kids and have good work habits.

0|0
    0|0
  • If there is no distinction between the everyday person Vs friends and or someone you interested in then it can put off a person

0|0
    0|0
  • Too nice then yes. Just nice with a bit of attitude, girl that act like 8 year old "tee hee" when they're 20+ it's a no go.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if I had a girlfriend I'd like her to be generous and good person. For me it would be a turn off if she wasn't like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not; be nice and guys will hope you like them.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my short termed opinion (only 16) not at all, unless it's "too nice", then boys might think you're "leading them on"

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not a problem for me and I am pretty much similar or even worse when it comes to help others

0|0
    0|0
  • nice, kind is a turn on for me and mean too , I prefer nice 😌

0|0
    0|0
  • Those are the things that attract me to a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Walk into my life, haha. Not at all, not at all..

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell nooo

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all unless guys are into jerks

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy