Why do some guys change personalities once they get into a relationship with you?

I'm not talking about my experiences but I have a friend who told me that her ex boyfriend was sooo nice to her when they first met and he treated her nice and then throughout their relationship, she said he started being mean. My friend is a very nice person so I don't understand why he would be mean to her. I've noticed that with other relationships too.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• People put on a face to get liked then they relax and show how they really are. That's why so many relationships fail after a few months

3|0
    0|0
    • That's what I was assuming. I feel like people will be very nice but once they get comfortable enough, boom, their true colors show.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd assume, the guys don't know how to communicate their needs and frustrations properly. Girls do the same thing to sweet guys.

1|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't. I am a genuinely nice person and my personality is how it always will be. I don't like being mean to people at all. I hate girls who do that to really nice guys tho.

• Show All
    • Thanks for MH

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• They don't change; you just didn't know them as well as you thought

1|0
    0|0
  • The guy was treating her the best he could just to get to the point where she was deep enough into the relationship that it would be difficult to leave him and then when he feels that she is at that point he turns into himself. I would suggest you could get her away from him as soon as you can. The way he is now is the way he will stay and the longer she stays with him the more difficult and complicated its going to be for her to get rid of him. In some cases the guys become very possessive as well so just something to look out for.

0|0
    0|0
  • love changes them into someone you like

1|0
    0|0
    • How if they start being mean to that person after a month or so of the relationship?

• That means either they are depressed or fed up with yoy

Recommended myTakes