To date or not to date in high school?

I hear a lot of adults saying that dating in high school is distracting, but I feel like NOT dating is more distracting, at least to me.
What do you all think?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• I have the exact same question. I'm in high school and have never dated. I'll be graduating soon, but I have wondered if I should take a shot of going out with a girl I may like.

High school is a time to focus on academics and basically preparing for college and adult life. Dating may or may not be distracting, depending on how much you let it influence your decisions and daily life.

Many have told me that simply hanging out or attending school events together is enough. I've also heard that high school relationships don't last, but don't take my word for it. I have no experience in high school dating.

If you like a guy, go ahead and ask him out. Do stuff together. Maybe bring along some friends, or double date. But nothing too serious.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, dating in high school isn't important at all. Dont waste time actively seeking out a romantic interest, but still be open in case something does happen