To date or not to date in high school?

I hear a lot of adults saying that dating in high school is distracting, but I feel like NOT dating is more distracting, at least to me.
What do you all think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have the exact same question. I'm in high school and have never dated. I'll be graduating soon, but I have wondered if I should take a shot of going out with a girl I may like.

High school is a time to focus on academics and basically preparing for college and adult life. Dating may or may not be distracting, depending on how much you let it influence your decisions and daily life.

Many have told me that simply hanging out or attending school events together is enough. I've also heard that high school relationships don't last, but don't take my word for it. I have no experience in high school dating.

If you like a guy, go ahead and ask him out. Do stuff together. Maybe bring along some friends, or double date. But nothing too serious.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, dating in high school isn't important at all. Dont waste time actively seeking out a romantic interest, but still be open in case something does happen

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• See, the thing is, regardless of what anyone here says, you've pretty much already made up your mind. Haven't you? You know what you're going to do.

There's a case to be made for not dating in high school. There's also a case for exploring your feelings safely and responsibly. You know what your situation is, and what your feelings are.

Whatever you've already decided to do, good luck. I hope it goes well.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can hang out with friends, and if some are guys, fine.

But look at it this way. Few of the nerds are dating in high school and they are going to be the ones that get rich.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys will always be distracted, but women have so much more potential and waste in early in life blinded by "love". Still enjoy life and experiences. But bf's just waste time

0|0
    0|0
  • do it if u want.
    I didn't date, but I also didn't feel like I missed out of anything. no one really got my attention back then lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe senior year, but overall not really, start in college, people are more mature.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make money in high school is better then dating...

0|0
    0|0
  • Distractions (after work) are good.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes