My friend and I have a crush on the same girl! What should I do?

My friend and I both have a crush on the same girl and im unsure how to approach the situation. I don't want to hurt my friend and also I don't want to possibly lose a friend because of this. Both him and I don't feel extremely good about ourselves and I don't want to damage his self esteem any further. We have known each other for our entire lives almost and I really value him as a friend. Please give a reasonable answer and also check out my other questions :)
UPDATE: I was going to tell my friend that he could have her but he replied saying that he isn't interested anymore her. We are still friends so its all good. Thanks for all the advice GAGers!

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey there :) Yeah that's a rough situation, but honestly, if you guys are that close you should porbably sit down and talk to him about it. If you value his friendship above all I think trus and communication are the best ways to deal with this, because then you'd both know how the other feels and it could avoid some weird or negative situations (even if they're involontary)... Good luck with that!

• thanks, how would you recommend I approach the situations to him? I feel bad because he has been rejected before for dumber and uglier guys. I really like this girl but I don't want to be a dick and take it away from him.

• I've told him and I don't know what else to say*

• I guess ther's nothing else to say, unless you experience uncomfortable situations or weirdness between you too, then you should talk about it lol I'm all for communications

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if you are a friend, give up on her.
    But if he fails to impress her, ask him directly if you may try.
    No point of friendship if you go around. Consider giving up on that girl as a gift to your friend.