Should I keep dating this guy?

I met this guy about 4 months ago -- and we've been dating ever since, it's been great.

here's the issue -- I'm going to be leaving this summer. I'm going on a working holiday to Australia. It's a bucket list dream of mine, and this is the year I'm doing it. He's fully aware of my plans, and is encouraging me to follow through with my plans.

We haven't really talked about where "this" aka us, is going. We haven't really even labelled what we are. We are "exclusively dating" is what we did determine.

I think I could really see myself with this guy. I think I could really see this turning into something serious. I also think being long distant for a year is not a big deal when you look at a life time together. But at the same time, I bought this one way ticket to Australia with no real plans, and I don't even know when I'd come home. I don't want to say I'll be back in a year, but if I did than it wouldn't be for me... but at the same time, I really like this guy.

So I don't know what I should be doing. I'm having a lot of fun with him right now, and I don't want to lose him just yet. But I know it'll be harder down the road.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The same thing happened to my cousin. Just after she started getting pretty serious with a dude she went to Au Pair in the States for a year. Long story short, they're married now. So it is possible. It just takes commitment

0|0
    0|0
  • You'll fuck tons of guys in Australia. Enjoy your time with this guy whilst you can and look forward to your holiday. Trust me you will make so many friends in Australia and get so much attention. You'd be lying to yourself thinking you won't doing anything. He'll probably fuck tons of people whilst you're away too.

If you're meant to be together you will be, but trying to be in some long distance bullshit or keep your hand to yourselves is just lying to yourself. People fuck. It's a fact.

Enjoy your time with him then do what you feel in Aus. If you're meant to be together none of it will matter when you come back and you'll fall into place again.

0|0
    0|0
    • You won't be able to stay in Australia though for longer than a year. Our laws are very specific and very strict. So enjoy the year but make plans down the road to go home.

• Show All
    • But should I break things off now with him? Or just keep enjoying my time with him until then?

• Enjoy your time now with him until you leave but don't make any silly promises you probably can't keep. I've been in exactly the same situation actually. My ex was going to Australia to au pair. We fucked around, said our goodbyes and then got back together when she was back. In the meantime we met other people but it was just temporary and fun. When she got back the experience was even better. I ended up marrying her lol. Who knows what will happen with you.

• Take him with you

2|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes