Do you think I still have a good chance with this girl?

I (25 M) asked my best friend I professional school's older sister (28 F) out about 2 months ago and she agreed. I had originally met her about a year ago and hung out in a group a few times. We would always seem to gravitate toward each other, end up sitting next to each other, talking to each other most of the night, etc. She is a flight attendant and lives a few states away, but comes into town a few times a month to visit her mom.

We went out together 3 different times over the course of the last month and a half and had a great time together. A lot of playful touching, flirting, said that we like each other and spending time together, etc and even went for and got the kiss the 2nd time out.

Last time after we went out, I let her know that I'd be interested in pursuing a relationship with her. She replied with "I'm flattered, but with my schedule right now I don't think I'd be able to fully commit and I would make a bad girlfriend, but it's something we can talk about in the future. You are smart, funny, handsome and the ballsiest person I know (I can't remember the last time someone asked me out in person), there is nothing about you I wouldn't want to date and it's something we can talk about a little further down the road." And that she would still like to go out with me whenever she is in town.

She currently lives a few states away, but is planning on moving back in the next couple of months. I didn't get the "this isn't going to work out or we should stop seeing each other vibes" so I wasn't going to give up on her.

We had plans to go out this weekend to dinner and bowling, but she had to postpone it another week because she got sick (she sounded like she was dying on the phone). She said she was really upset that she wasn't able to make it and had been really looking forward to seeing me.

Question is, do you think I still have a good chance with this girl of eventually moving things forward and just taking things slow for now and enjoying each other?

48

Most Helpful Guy

• I think in your situation you have a couple of options
    If things are going to take a while say over 4 months before things start progressing then you could hook up with other girls if you want
    If things will progress more recent then id say wait for
    Don't be needy or desperate, there's nothing wrong with asking her how long things will take as long as its not over done, asked to often or dont in a whiny complainy way
    As long as you dont become desperate and such and keep options open for yourself id say you have an excellent shot
    Just make sure you take care of yourself and she's not stringing you along
    Hope things go well

• I don't mind waiting, I truly like this girl and haven't felt this way about someone before. Even better is that our families get along well, they had all met before I had asked her out.

I don't think she is stringing me along. Last time we had hung out in a group, I overheard her tell her sister than some guy from back home had recently asked her out, and she basically told him thanks, but no thanks. So I feel like if she didn't have an interest in me she would have been more direct

• I'm not saying she is stringing you along, I just don't know this girl yano just take care man.

• Thanks for the replies :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that you do still have a chance! You have mutual respect and patience with each other which is a very positive thing! Also she seems very genuine and true with her words, and since you didn't get any fishy vibes from her then I would say that you aren't being led on like a puppy dog. But don't pressure her into anything (although you haven't to begin with). With time and patience I'm pretty sure you to will get together!

Also, taking it slow is good! You can process everything that is happening thus making her feel a bit more stable than just racing into a relationship, if you know what I mean?

• I've been keeping in contact with her (about ever 2 days or so) and she always responds to my texts and calls and seems genuinely happy to talk to me. She will even text me sometimes just to say that she hopes I'm having a good day.

I asked her out again next time she is in town and she said that sounded lovely. So just keep on doing what I'm doing then?

I feel like if she didn't have an interest she would have said "I dont see you that way or I just see you as a friend", but she wants to keep going out and says that she has been looking forward to seeing and hanging out with me.

• Like you said, you haven't gotten any "stop I don't like in that way" kind of signs, so yes, I think you should continue what you're doing! If she wasn't interested then she wouldn't say yes to you asking her out again. And that one time she postponed your date is nothing to worry about is maybe because she's probably quite busy with work.

It would seem that she's very interested, but be patient and let her process everything in her own pace. I wish you all luck! I believe that you're gonna get her someday! :)