Which is the best age to start dating seriously?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• 15/16 is a good age to start dating "unseriously" and college age (18-22) is a great time to start testing out more serious relationships. Obviously, people grow a lot during college, so many of those relationships don't last, but they do provide an excellent learning experience. I say 15/16 as a good starter age, because lower than that, puberty varies too much and setting a standard becomes impossible.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When you are ready to date you will know. But don't date too young as you lose most of your fun and life experiences. Children date so young nowadays and they are riddled with problems and issues from their partner. Set a goal with a career and once it's stable, then go find Mr Right.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Non-seriously, like hanging out at the movie theater, 16 or 17 is fine.

Seriously, like someone you are going to have a some kind of relationship with, about 20 (depends on your maturity).

Super seriously, like someone you are going to marry, 25.

1|0
    0|0
  • Serious committed relationships should generally be left to those mentally and emotionally mature enough to do so. The most agreed upon number is 17-18 but I've known some emotionally immature people who were 50, so clearly this is nothing no more than a hard and fast rule rather than something set in stone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Starting at either 18 or 21. Nowadays, if you start early dating, it won’t be taken seriously and you’ll end up hurt by a guy who just wants one thing.

0|1
    0|0
  • 16. You have to be able to drive. You can't call it a serious date if your parents have to drive you around.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends how ready you are. I am 21 and stil not ready for close relationships. I am working on myself though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don'don't think it really matters. I think it's when a person is ready and finds a person she/he really likes. I myself think 16 is quite good but even though I am 15 I already really like a guy...

0|0
    0|0
  • I recommend getting through school first. I'm Mormon, and our church recommends to us Young Adults that we try dating at 16 or 17, but it should not be serious. When you enter your 20's, it should be serious.

0|0
    0|0
    • 100% agree, a lot of relationships in high school are superficial. my parents were highschool sweethearts and survived it but school relationships are very reputation oriented.

• 14 and up... basically high school age.

It is only the best age IF they have the same feelings back. Hard to judge but it happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u means seriously to get married, depends on how mature is the couple, maybe 21 in a girl and 24 in a boy, but its relative. But no matter how old are you, both have to respect each other always.

1|0
    0|0
  • As soon as you feel fit for dating and you know you have control over yourself and over the situation. This varies from person to person. Some start with 14 others with 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • Senior year of high school? Maybe college if you aren't there to fuck off and fuck around like many college students are.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably 20 at the earliest. Most "dating" during highschool/teen years is just for the perks of having a girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • After you've travelled, done some ambitious or got fucking dickheads out of your system. You need those life experiences first or your always wonder about them

0|0
    0|0
  • The age when you meet someone you seriously want to date.

0|0
    0|0
  • when you are mature enough and know what you want, for everyone is different though

0|0
    0|0
  • When you think that you can take mature decisions. maybe 16 or 17.

0|0
    0|0
  • Above 18 in my opinion. When you're mature enough

2|1
    0|0
  • 3 years old

0|1
    0|0
  • Late teens to early 20s

0|1
    0|0
  • Eighty five

1|0
    0|0
  • After high school at least.

0|1
    0|0
  • 17. That's when I started.

0|1
    0|0
  • Twenty-eight

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends how you define "seriously".

0|0
    0|0
  • 50 :)

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're mentally and emotionally prepared

0|0
    0|0
  • My sister started dating at age 16. So yes age 16.

0|0
    1|0
  • When you can support yourself

0|1
    0|0
  • I think after 20

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure there Is one when you are mentally ready

0|0
    0|0

0|0