Brother won't even let me be in the same room as him?

So my brother has this friend and we get along very well. We have the same tastes in music and movies, we used to stay up late at night and just talk about random shit but my brother got all mad one day and attacked his friend saying he had a crush on me and that he wasn't going to allow it, now my brother or my parents or my younger siblings will always be in the same room as us, we still talk about all sorts of shit but there is always someone else there and when they get tired of sitting around listening to our conversation they will tell my brothers friend its time to leave.

I hate being controlled and I think I should be allowed to date whoever I want I'm not even that interested in this guy, they just think he is interested in me, I mean he's semi attractive and treats me well but we are to much alike and I don't think it would work out that well. I don't like that my brother is trying to run my life and I seriously want to start dating his friend just to piss him off and show that he can't control me. Obviously I never would do that, that would be playing with his friends feelings, which is very wrong.

What should I do though? Should I confront my brother about it and tell him to F off and let me live my life. Both me and his friend are just over 20 and my brother is a couple years older then us. I just don't like that my brother thinks I can't make my own decisions.

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, tell him to fuck off. And start meeting this guy for friendly coffee time outside of the home. Not dating, and make that clear to him.