Brother won't even let me be in the same room as him?

So my brother has this friend and we get along very well. We have the same tastes in music and movies, we used to stay up late at night and just talk about random shit but my brother got all mad one day and attacked his friend saying he had a crush on me and that he wasn't going to allow it, now my brother or my parents or my younger siblings will always be in the same room as us, we still talk about all sorts of shit but there is always someone else there and when they get tired of sitting around listening to our conversation they will tell my brothers friend its time to leave.

I hate being controlled and I think I should be allowed to date whoever I want I'm not even that interested in this guy, they just think he is interested in me, I mean he's semi attractive and treats me well but we are to much alike and I don't think it would work out that well. I don't like that my brother is trying to run my life and I seriously want to start dating his friend just to piss him off and show that he can't control me. Obviously I never would do that, that would be playing with his friends feelings, which is very wrong.

What should I do though? Should I confront my brother about it and tell him to F off and let me live my life. Both me and his friend are just over 20 and my brother is a couple years older then us. I just don't like that my brother thinks I can't make my own decisions.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, tell him to fuck off. And start meeting this guy for friendly coffee time outside of the home. Not dating, and make that clear to him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Meet and date in secret.

If it works against parents, it can work against your brother.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am wanting to maybe go out to a bar with him and just talk about what's been going on with my brother. I can tell it annoys him as well. I mean we are kind of texting and my brother doesn't know. I don't know if he's even into me or not, everyone says he is but I don't see it.

• He is being protective of you.. You gotta understand brothers live..
    Maybe he don't believe his friend...
    Maybe he is somewhat of d*ck..
    Your brother knows how is his friend... If he was a nice guy not a playboy.. I don't think he will do that I guess

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Mom is controlling, always calling him wondering where he is, won't let him leave the house for more then a couple days, from what I understand she still has control over his finances.

• I just got a heart attack when I read fiances rather than finances
      Really don't have any relation with that..
      Well at end my guess is your brother done feels good you being with his friend.. It makes him feel awkward.. Acc. To me he will be thinking I got my friend at my house to have fun with me but rather than that he behind me is aiming for my sister so it doesn't made him feel good

• Yeah that normally happens... Brother jealous... But yes, you should talk to him :) an adult conversation

1|0
    0|0
  • It's one of those things can't be dating a friends sister that's madness

0|1
    0|0
    • On the chance that it goes bad can fuck up multiple people

• Show All
    • He's going to have to eventually accept that I'm old enough to date, he has been rude to my sisters boyfriend on occasion as well.

• Yeah but dating one of his friends is deep

• Its ur brothers friend... So i woikdnt say anything if I were u

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes