Girls, I feel fine about everything, and then suddenly I don't -- why does this happen?

I've been dating this guy for the past 6 months -- things are going great really! But every so often, I get anxious about it. Like if I don't hear from him for a day or so, then I get a little anxious and worried that maybe he's lost interest, but logically I know he's probably just busy. Then we hang out, and it's all okay. I don't tell him any of this tho.

In fact this has been one of the many mistakes I've made in trying to navigate the dating world. I'm not freaking out when I don't hear from him like I have with past boyfriends -- but there's still the "what did I do wrong?" "is he ghosting me?" thoughts.

1