Why does no one look past physical appearance?

I mean, I'm not really that bad looking (in my opinion, not sure what that's worth). But it always seems like girls always judge me by my looks, and don't really care about much else. Maybe I'm just being childish about this, but it's a bit upsetting.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You are being rather childish, that is for sure. First of all, your question is being extremely general, as in ALL people get hung up on appearance. That is a childish point of view, like you can actually attribute something to ALL people. All based on your own perceptions of what happens to you personally. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but the world outside of your life is pretty vast. There are billions of people, with billions of opinions. It always seems like girls always judge you by your looks. I'd love to know what gives you that impression. How are they "judging" you? Or did you mean that they think all you are is a pretty face? Is that what you think? According to you, you are not "that" bad looking, which isn't the same as being good looking. I don't know if you are just being ego-centric, or you just think people think about you more than they do. Either way, get out of your head. No reason to get upset about something that very well may only be assumptions on your part.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's important for like a day or two. But I want someone who can hold an intelligent conversation and is fun, sweet etc. You can be the hottest guy on earth but if you're a jerk or an idiot I won't like you after 10 minutes of talking. It's all a balance for me but I know there's a lot of shallow people out there that only want a pretty face for the night. Girls are afraid of commitment because of how fucked up guys are nowadays so girls learned to adapt to the game of only wanting the hottest one for a few benefits. Luckily for me I'm too smart and would rather wait for someone that actually has something to offer long term. You're not being childish, I see it as a mature thing to be frustrated over something as childish and shallow as the people who only care about looks. Don't get me wrong, looks help but that's only scratching the surface of the potential a guy or girl can have in a relationship.